Deliveries: Bengaluru

I just had a word with CS regarding the payment window. As per them the payment window for 600 vehicles will be open in next 2 weeks. The only thing that scares me is the delivery timeline after paying full. They will again push the delivery timeliness by a month or 2 giving some lame reasons again.

1 Like

While cancelling. Cc told me that delivery will be in November, so not to cancel. I said if you can assure that in writing then sure will… Moral of the story no more in queue

This seems strange cancellation request gets response sooner than other questions asked about delivery
So Ather doesn’t mind losing customers rather doing what was promised at the 1st place
The customer care asks are you sure ur id was to be delivered in sept

They were telling there Anual production is 30k if we divide it by 2 where 15k is for Bangalore and 15k is for Chennai the monthly delivery shd be around 1250 vehicle’s A month in each city they are telling they will deliver 600 bikes in next month why is it so?

As per u if we calculate 600 vehicle’s a month then 7200 vehicle’s per year

Then the total production they are doing in year is 7200×2=14400 vehicles

Thanks… it’s done…

Ather have maintained that the production capacity of the current plant is a maximum of 30k vehicles per year.

However, that doesn’t mean that they are producing 30K per year. Factories will be operating at a certain percentage of their full capacity.

I’m not sure of the exact numbers, but the below calculation is a reasonable estimate of how many scooters are actually being manufactured.

This translated to 528 x 12 = 6336 vehicles per year.

Even if we consider 6 days of working (Automotive manufacturing plants work for 6 days), it is 24 days per month. This is 24 vehicles per day for 24 days which is 576 vehicles per month and that is 6912 per year. That is around 25% of their full production capacity.

3 Likes

Is 25% production helping anyone?? Ather or Customers??

That is a different topic. There is no reason why Ather or any other company would not want to produce more (and in turn make money). However it is easier said than done. The 3 'M’s in manufacturing are Man Machine and Material (there are 5 and 6 'M’s too) affects the production. In startups like Ather another M which is Money also has a major effect.

Looking at the positive side of things, at least deliveries have resumed now. Hope Ather clears all the backlog and delivers at a steady pace because once Bajaj starts deliveries next year, it’ll be challenging for Ather.

4 Likes

I know about the Ms’… And frankly Had they upfront told me deliveries will take 4 or 5 months, I would have made up mind that way while pre-booking. The sales guys at Ather Space very confidently said, we can deliver in 2 months. I planned things accordingly… And 10 days delay is never a concern, but not having any clarity, most certainly is…

Even about order swapping, in spite of calling them and asking them to initiate 2 days ago there is no response from CC, no mail, no call, nothing…

And I think, I am being more than positive, having not cancelled my booking in spite of knowing that, I wont be able to gift the Ather to my wife this Diwali.

Ather now is an organisation, far more mature than a startup.

Anyways… I expressed my anguish in my earlier long message, expecting someone from Ather team to respond… Here too it seems, Ather forum members/moderators are faster in responding than them…

6 Likes

As per these estimates (528 vehicles per month), there is no way people in 14000s can get vehicles in November, since people from 13339 to 13999 still need to get their vehicles. That means 14000s in December and January, and then 15000 onwards can only be done in February and March.

What I don’t understand is, how on Earth did Ather give a delivery estimate of September, knowing the current production rate? Isn’t that blatantly lying to customers? One can even say this is cheating the customer, because the customer is fooled into thinking they don’t need to wait long, and preorder the vehicle, instead of buying a competitor with a much shorter waiting period. Had I known that my vehicle would be delivered in December at best, there is no way I would have pre-ordered, and most of the people I’ve recommended Ather to wouldn’t have either.

3 Likes

Ather won’t comment on such issues😞

Haha, they have been saying this to me since September !! … Don’t plan anything accordingly…

Update on pre-orders!

Hey folks!

We will be opening full payments for Order IDs 13339-13760 tomorrow, 22 October. Watch your inbox tomorrow for the link to complete your order!

Also, we have been delivering consistently in Bengaluru over the last few weeks. Additionally, we try to open payments for Order IDs as much as we can deliver for a two week delivery commitment period, so that wait time does not get impacted adversely.

2 Likes

Since many of you have been asking for more clarification on the order process, here’s how it works:

TLDR;

The order IDs do not correspond to the number of vehicles being delivered. The delivery timelines updated on your dashboard are correct and will definitely keep you updated on the forum and over email if anything changes.

On the Order IDs and payment window opening, here’s how it works:

1. Order IDs correspond to an order made on through Ather Website or at the experience center. An order ID is created when you fill in your details on https://app.atherenergy.com/preorder.
  2. Remember not all pre-orders convert to an owner. People cancel or hold off on the Ather 450 for various reasons. However, everyone deserves a fair chance to get the vehicle, so the option to pay opens up in batches, and remains open for some time to complete the payment.
  3. If you don’t pay in the given time, your order is moved to the subsequent batches.
  4. Once the payment is done, various processes like vehicle assignment, registration, charging point installation etc are initiated.
  5. The vehicle delivery process happens in the order of payments completed. The faster you make your payment, the quicker you’re likely to get your hands on the Ather 450 :slight_smile:
3 Likes

Wasn’t it supposed to be order ID upto 14052
Why such delay in everything
What about 14250 range then ?
We know your trying alot to get the right details
We have been waiting for the delivery of vehicles as promised back in Sept
Now looks like we have to wait even for responses

Alright we’re going to hold you guys to the statement made in the bolded text, “The delivery timelines updated on your dashboard are correct…”
I have no idea how you guys are going to be able to handle such a large number of deliveries in November, but if you guys are able to do it, that would be impressive, more power to you.

Also, most of us already know how the order process works. Our issue is not with the order process, but that you guys are misguiding customers with unrealistic delivery timelines; you guys must have the metrics for vehicle manufacturing throughput, knowing that, we found it hard to believe that you guys would be able to deliver according to the timeline given on the dashboard.

Will you another batch of payments open this week since my id is 13777 ?

Read the statement carefully… Its been very cleverly formed. Read the last part… “We will update if anything changes”
It doesn’t change anything as of now…

Has anyone received the link for payment window today?

As of now, payment link is not yet received