Community Day '24 Experience - along with Fireside Chats!

costing regen is nearly as strong as braking regen in apex

2 Likes

Tagging you for above msg

1. Many people including myself enjoy speed so decreasing speed might not be a good solution. Instead we can manually limit our speed by not using full acceleration.

2. The Magic Twist feature is excellent because many people encounter issues with disc brakes such as having to replace them frequently and the cost of replacement is high. This feature can address those problems effectively.

3. It’s likely that Gen 4 or 5 Ather models will also incorporate the Magic Twist feature once Apex sales stops please correct me if I’m wrong. :sweat_smile:

4. For those who love the Ather 450 series and desire special colors or editions Apex offers new transparent panels and colors setting it apart from the Gen 3 450X.

3 Likes

Hello, I have not received the guddy bag as it was shortage as per event people over there but I registered myself the day I got message then and also confirmed that I am attending the event then my count of bag should have included. I have respect to the company but what this happened is not good at the event. How this gone be addressed??? I need a response to it!!

1 Like

At the beginning around 9:30 AM, they were giving the bags to both the owners and their +1s at the registration counter… that’s why they ran out. They didn’t expect so many people to attend the event ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

3 Likes

Noooooo. I travel Delhi to Gurgaon regularly and that 90km/h limit always bites me in the rear. Everytime makes me wonder if I had an Ola, I would be happily doing 100+ (and fearing my life💀)

3 Likes

90+ on dash in OLA S1 pro is scary,it has way less feel of what frontend is doing and its dyanmics arent stable as 450x if you had to panic brake,Ather feels way planted and you feel connected with the road

7 Likes

So regarding homologation the answer I got was it still is a very big problem(so probably no backwards compatible magic twist) and that coasting regen was made backwards compatible only to gen3 by stating it was already present onboard but not yet activated so indirectly bypassing the steps to homologation.

4 Likes

But it wasn’t written while documenting. The company just can’t say it verbally.

I don’t get it why should they reduce speed? They have even given different modes right? You can utilise those depending on your riding preference. 450x is performance scooter if speed is reduced does it still make any sense?

4 Likes

Speed doesn’t affect range, acceleration affects it.

7 Likes

Correct range depends on acceleration :100: .

3 Likes

But to keep the scooter running at 80km/h vs keeping it running at 60km/h also has a huge difference in consumption. The motor has to continuously spin at a higher RPM.

2 Likes

Everything is linked bro. If i drive at 90 continuously will i get 105 km range? If i drive at 50 continuously i might.

2 Likes

Maintaining a speed of 90 require higher RPM from the motor which generates heat due to greater mechanical friction and electrical resistance. This heat not only strains the motor but also the battery causing a reduction in its charge capacity. Battery’s efficiency declines leading to a decreased range also cruising at 50 RPM result less strain on the motor and battery resulting in lower energy consumption and extended range due to reduced friction and heat production. Pls correct me if I’m wrong guys :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

See you observe motor is not even strained when it is at 90km/h it is artificially speed limited to that speed if you observe it you can actually feel it . So there is no heat issue nothing. Battery drain is expected since it’s putting out peak power that speeds.

4 Likes

Proved my point. Speed restriction equals more range

1 Like

For that we have 450s right ?

2 Likes

Anyone waiting for rizta gen 2 ? :joy: I mean could be dropping next 6monts or so and just a guess this is Rizta has changes in back new fram and all so if they ware to introduce a newer higher range version they can do a higher range 450x to 630x this being the 6.3kwh battery pack

2 Likes

It won’t happen keep dreaming :rofl:.

1 Like