Cold weather affects the efficiency?

Winters have arrived in Delhi and obviously its the best time to take long rides. But i have started noticing that the efficiency has started taking a hit. There is no change in my riding style and infact i am maintaining speed constantly with my throttle grip (jugaad cruise control) and also regenning the same old way.

The cooler the weather it’s reducing the efficiency. Does cold weather really affect the running efficiency? @abhishek.balaji

4 Likes

Hmm I have been noticing this a long time ago not only efficiency but the battery drain also gets effected during cold or rainy climate (current Chennai Position)

Usually the standby drain will be 4-5% and sometimes during a hot climate 5-8% but since it’s been raining from past month the standby drain as raised to 10% sometimes 12% on extremely cold day. But Delhi must be even worse there your temperature falls. Below 10 in winter.

7 Likes

Agreed. Not noticed the idle battery drain since I ride 1-2 times a week so it’s usually in a shutdown state. But while riding definitely its getting worse as its getting colder here. Dont know what’s in store during peak winters of December. Basically Ather should not be ridden in rain as it starts singing the squeek song because of the belt and now the efficiency in winters.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Funny Side

It’s normal if the weather colder battery backup become low I think company have given to us more range because this range is not sufficient for us …

3 Likes

I have tried all ways of riding including cruising at 40-45 on Ride and Sports and the efficiency is not what I usually see. It’s either this update or what my thought about the drop i.e cold weather. I am also comparing this with petrol vehicles engines because when the engine is cold usually the RPMS are high and you get great acceleration which leads drop in mileage. Similarly in this case the motor is usually cold because of 3-4 degree weather, I dont see the warp performance dropping which I noticed in Summers. You ride in any mode and this thing is ready to fly.

@abhishek.balaji or anybody from the product or tech team your inputs will be highly appropriated.

3 Likes

Yea so I was right. Cold weather does affect the range.

Also:

My S1 has shown drastic fall in range and battery level drops like anything riding in Delhi weather. Getting 80-90 kms in full charge is becoming a task nowadays whereas in summers getting 100+kms was cake walk.

2 Likes

I noticed the same thing, I am using my Ather for local commute only. It’s going to 6 months now and average is around 50 in single charge only. I use echo and ride mode mostly and charging my Ather on alternate days

Anybody can tell me the real numbers they are getting in single charge. Don’t go with app data guys because my observation is that app shows the data which is not relevant to real world.

2 Likes

Well, I ride on sports mode and usually get about 92-100 kms in a single charge. But in the cold weather of Delhi it has gone down to 70-80 with the same riding style.

2 Likes

I’m from Bangalore, i see the battery drain of 7-8% everyday- is this normal with Gen 3?

1 Like

The temperature is a bit low now,so you’ll see this drain usually :blush::+1:

1 Like