[Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February

Though we will be using Android as an operating system - the use for it will be unlike your mobile phones, there will be no play store and applications written by third parties. We use Android Open Source, and the applications will only be written by Ather to provide a good riding experience, and we will be able to provide you good privacy and security.

2 Likes

If I pre-ordered the collector’s edition, can I still have the option to opt for a non-collector’s edition + merchandise?

I am not sure how ‘inside out’ theme will look like - so asking just to be sure.

I have the same doubt. Just regarding the Bluetooth features. Why is that being limited ?

1 Like

We havent ! Its just that its not included in the Performance pack subscriptions.(It includes unlimited battery performance warranty, data connectivity & public charging access).

It might be available in the AtherOne subscription equivalent for 450x, which we are working on the details and should announce soon.

2 Likes

If I were to opt for the 99K Subscription plan, what is the minimum tenure for me to exit the plan?

We do not share data with any third parties and will be providing you with features like ride statistics which will help you analyze your rides with your data. We will comply with any data privacy regulations, and are actively monitoring developments in this regard.

1 Like

1 & 2 - We will start deliveries with sufficient infrastructure and service support. 3. As communicated through the emails the deliveries will begin in Q3 2020. We are currently deciding on the first set of cities to be launched (Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Pune, Bangalore & Chennai already included). We will launch these cities with dealerships. The set of next cities will follow.

Hey Aditya, With the 450 and the 450X, our intent has been to make the best scooter in the country (petrol or EVs). That is because we firmly believe that this is the only way to create the market for EVs - by building products that shatter the perception that EVs are toys. It is for the first time in the history that the leading scooter in the country is an Electric!!. Only a few years back, no one thought this could happen. And we’ve tried to do all this almost selflessly because we’ve been selling it at a biiigggg loss till date. Even with 450X and it’s price we’ll barely break-even that too if we sell a loooottt of scooter. (Refer to my explanation here [Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February - #108)

So, while our intent is to make our product as accessible as possible for as many people, one thing that we cannot compromise is the price. Within this restriction, we are happy to make a configuration that’ll suit the need of a person who wants to pay a lower monthly charge. Just that in such a case, the upfront payment will go up. So let’s say you pay Rs. 1.3 L upfront and Rs.1K monthly… Will something like that suit you? Why don’t you suggest us a way?

2 Likes

When you guys designed the battery for the 450X, your priorities did not Include the compatability of the new battery with the old 450.
Idk if it will be made compatible at some point of time.
Going forward I’m sure ather will make new batteries. Will ather be considering designing a better battery for the old 450 users when they reach the end of their battery life ?

2 Likes

It’s not comparable with a 350cc bike. ABS as feature is both costly and is not absolutely necessary for the Ather 450X, given the dual brake CBS, and now a thicker performance tyre option. We will consider your suggestion for a future update.

1 Like

Yes, it does remain the same, with no major price revisions. However we might make price adjustments to account for inflation.

1 Like

You’re right, we do have the same hardware, but we’re taking a loss on the Plus variant. If enough people express interest in the Plus variant, we’ll consider making different hardware variants later on. It basically boils down to being able to offer two variants with different features.

1 Like

Glad 450x doesn’t have this issue.

For 450, We were asked not to use shutdown so we stopped using. Now we won’t get issue. How will you fix it then? :slight_smile:

I mean once you confirm we can start using shutdown then we can.

1 Like

Since it’s mandatory, what is the price for Ather connect for 450x?

Hey @Ather.Team

Can you explain about the exit plan? Are you going to reduce the tenure to 3 years ?
And will the vehicle will be working in pro pack all the time after I exit from the plan ?
Is there any charges that a customer should bear to exit?

1 Like

No plans of an ABS based pack

1 Like

@Ather.Team Guys wouldn’t it be much simpler if you included all the features of the Ather One to the Pro pack? Just make it easy and simple for all of us? And it’ll make the pill much easier to swallow for the end consumer? Instead of having a monthly subscription and then again an annual subscription for service and home charging?

People who go with the old purchase method can go the annual subscription route of the Ather connect and other usual annual plans.

2 Likes

As Per your Plans , if i choose Upfront - i need to pay 1.6 L + minimum of 500 per month. If I choose Subscription pricing - i need to pay 99k + either 2k/1.7k per month. My understanding is both plans (upfront and subscription plans) includes monthly payment to keep scooter active.

As the subscription prices are already on the expensive side can we expect the upcoming ather one plans for 450X much lower than that for 450 ??

1 Like

Seems redundant if one uses the packs :stuck_out_tongue: Service and home charging(reimbursement) are the only 2 things that aren’t on the packs