Clarification Regarding Regen and ESS

I remember @tarun talking about the motor controller in gen 3.1 (which enabled Autohold) and he told that they can enable features like cruise control and advanced regen using that. Being one of the first people to get my gen 3 delivered, I am very disappointed now. I paid 1.65L and this is what I get? Still didn’t get the charger refund also.

Ripoff is what comes to mind thinking of recent 3.1 owners. @tarun please do justice.

8 Likes

We will probably get only the ESS and fall safe for gen 3 and 3.1 owners. All the rest will be for the new buyers. They too will be given the same treatment when Ather releases new features.

4 Likes

Hahahaha none can escape this Matrix cycle for regrets

5 Likes

Mera toh dimaag khrab hoye jaa rha h kitne baar revise krenge ye log same model ko​:skull::skull::skull:

6 Likes

Jab Tak Ather ha tab tak :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Before going to bed just wanted to summarize my feeling here as a gen 3.1 owner who just bought the scooter 2 months back and watching that live joke of an event,

19 Likes

What a joke. Obsolete in 7 months. I wish we had stricter laws in India for companies doing such dubious marketing.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, govt considers EVs the same as ICE scooters and most on-road features are hard to change with RTO (yes, including blinky lights while on road). Maybe in another [n] years, things will be better.

Update? How even does a scooter update? App he kya? We ain’t know what that even means!

4 Likes

@tarun @smridhi.kalati @abhishek.balaji need your clarification about this thread

2 Likes

Mine is 11 days old :smiling_face_with_tear::melting_face:

7 Likes

Please clarify

3 Likes

@tarun please just give coasting regen to gen 3.1 models as both newer 450X and older 450X gen 3.1 have 3.7Kwh battery pack but u have made only 3.24 Kwh available to use in 450X gen 3.1, just give it the total 3.7Kwh usuable via software update. So we also get 110 Km of range and mainly get 75 Km in warp mode.

7 Likes

Mine is 16 days old :sweat: and im very disappointed by this

4 Likes

I got mine delivered on the 9th. I feel like I got a really shit deal but hey at the very least the first pothole will not be the end of my vehicle.

5 Likes

He’s replying in other forums. Just not answering this. Don’t keep your hopes high. He’s not giving us regen or cruise control. I got my Ather 3.1 just 2 months ago. Its sad but it is what it is. Let’s just accept it and move on. Tarun has cheated us by saying that we’ll get it. We’re doomed.

6 Likes

Are u referring to OLA?

5 Likes

Can’t we file a case for false claims and marketing? I feel cheated as its not something that is not possible via software OTA update, all the things are there but it’s their willingness that is not there.

I think we Gen 3 owners need to fight for what we deserve

8 Likes

Bhai blinking light ka chodo but regen toh de hi sakte hai na, it adds 10 Km more to warp mode even with same battery pack size, nothing is changing cuz in RTO it’s same 3.7Kwh battery pack. So why not give gen 3 owners the same privileges

I just think it’s a cheap move by Ather to make their current customers upgarde to newer models like apple does with their iPhone line ups

3 Likes

Regen is a feature which all 3rd Gen owners deserve. Rest can be optional. I believe this was promised via a presentation. Legally, Ather is not duty bound to provide any features with retrospective effect but again it all boils down to whats was promised in Good Faith. cc @tarun .

10 Likes

Regen is already happening but with low intensity. So hardware is capable but still they are not giving coasting regen. Even its just a software update. @Ather Its not a good behaviour. Very disappointed.

9 Likes