Clarification Regarding Regen and ESS

Mine Gen3.1 has it enabled, checked last week on paddock.

3 Likes

I checked mine while on a ride. Friend behind me said it worked but I didn’t lock my brakes for a long duration so it blinked only like 2-3 times.

4 Likes

Same, working for me as well

3 Likes

Well, we got ESS. Now, it may not be ā€œAdvanced Regenā€, but at least we got something.

Does anyone who currently has a Gen4 realize differences in Coasting Regen with ride modes? Is it supposed to be stronger in Warp or weaker?

Crawl Control addressed too. We finally got some info instead of radio silence ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(ā ćƒ„ā )⁠_⁠/⁠¯

5 Likes

I’ve definitely felt the difference in the intensity of the regen in different modes. I haven’t checked which ride mode has what intensity. Next time when I take out my scooter I’ll check and update.

But IMO, it would be better if Ather gave us a level selection toggle for coasting regen. Like Off, Low, Normal, High.

5 Likes

No bro in Gen 3 which have Coasting Regen they have different coasting power at different speed whatever the mode is at high speed coasting is more but at lower speed coasting is mild.

1 Like

But is the amount of regen same in gen 3 and gen 4 ? like the current going back into the battery

2 Likes

The intensity of the regen in different ride modes is as follows.

Warp > Sport > Ride = Eco(Not SmartEco)

In Smart Eco regen was dependent on the availability of the power / color of the Wings of Power.

This is what I observed, irrespective of the speed.

Any other Gen 4 owner can share their POV on this.

3 Likes

I am not sure about the Gen 3. But for Gen 4, which I own it’s like how I explained.

2 Likes

I’m also gen 4 bro you have that Joystick thing right I also have it some call it gen 4 some Gen 3.6.

1 Like

Yes it should be the same. I overheard someone asking the same doubt during AC/DC ā€˜24 and the team replied with a yes.

3 Likes

Oh!! Didn’t know about that. But Tarun bhayya called it Gen 4 somewhere so I was going with it. lol.

2 Likes