Chennai Rain and my Ather ride

Still I remember my ride on Vardah cyclone 2016… So every year rain predictions will remember 2016 cyclone… While returning back home in my petrol bike in flooded roads… So now in 2020 I am having my Ather 450… In Nov and December every one keep on update the weather report… My worry always 'riding Ather in a flooded roads… As worried the situation became critical on 24.11.2020… I started from office around 3:30pm… My office is located at Chetpet… While crossing kathipara bridge the road is almost flooded more than two feet … I slowly crossed the road in higher elevation of the road where the depth of water is less than one feet… So while driving the Ather in a flooded road you should see this… And the grip and balance of the vehicle in rainy road is so so good and I never felt bad… So my point is you no need to worry about the flood in rainy time… So any flooded road if u r crossing means follow below points:- 1.just wait for a while and see the other vehicles movement and analysis the depth of water with passing vehicle in the flooded road… 2. Then select the route with less water depth… Mostly crown elevation of the road (center of road) will have lesser depth of water… 3.watch the flood level while crossing the flood area… The water level should not more than your foot rest… If the flood level is increasing more stop your Ather motor and approach a safe higher level…

7 Likes