Charging Your Vehicle

Checkout Fast changing stations 21 now We can commute pretty much everywhere in the city aegridapp

1 Like

Not many around Kr puram and mahadevapura area.

but not very far away to get around
not to forget you have already a Charging Pod at ur home…
above will facilitate charging when you stop for picking groceries, coffee etc…
if you observe radius itself will never be more than 80Km… (will be much lesser) so technically you will never be left stranded in the city at least which our Scooter is designed for even with existing stations…

2 Likes

We are missing out in koramangla area. Much need worthy of a grid there.
JP nagar and Bannerghatta road complete stretch we don’t have one. Near marathalli and Kalyan Nagar also.

3 Likes

I still don’t see utility of this for anyone who is more than 5 km away from a charging station. For example if I am in electronic city phase 2, I will not waste time to go to phase 1 because traffic will make it 20 mins drive. And in Bangalore there are many such examples. Best situation will be if all big shopping centers and tech parks have chargers.

1 Like

Hi Ranjan,

Can you do onething? Next time when you go to shopping malls and Tech Park. Can you search for current socket or plug in India??? You never see it.

The concept of ather grid installation was discussed during Ather launch by Tarun (Look exactly at 22:40 minutes and second) to know why ather grid we don’t have in shopping mall and tech parks :slight_smile:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iecq6vSr-EQ

1 Like

Not completely true. We have charging station in Forum mall since many years now

2 Likes

@Shreyas is it true that there is no portable charging cable provided with 450? And Only option is to use home charger and ather grid.
If so this might not be a great idea. Many places (including my office) has possibility of regular power socket for EV charging.
So what is the alternative?
Can we buy one from ather? Cost?
Is this a standard cable (whats the name of the socket on the scooter end) which can be brought from global market?

1 Like

Yes correct. Portable charger doesn’t comes with ather 450. If you need portable charger you need to buy additionally from ather or global market which may cost 4 - 5 k. When i visited ather space i enquired the same with them.

1 Like

This exact question has been answered earlier here in the same thread. Please search or go through the thread for the same.

1 Like

What about Shanthi Nagar that is in the RTO Commissioner office and will be helpful if the ather grid is set up there

1 Like

Wasn’t told about this during the visit to the experience centre. Along with the new revised insurance cost buying a separate cable is a added cost for the buyer. Cable is very much needed for both the variants as its not always possible to reach the public grid.

i Team, is there any plans to provide swapable battery or addon removable battery as range extender that can be charged in the home. Solving all the rentals and apartments issues

2 Likes

@tarun @Shreyas As the delivery is delayed to a very long time, I think you people can add all the little features which you were telling that it maybe added to the later models!
Some include mobile charger and swappable batteries or removable batteries which could solve the problem of charging in apartments, quarters, hostels etc.

4 Likes

Is there a choice? I really do not see any advantage in having a Home charging point to an end user. Home charging point is vulnerable to mischievous damages too as it is static. Instead, why not charging cable? I can fold it and keep it safe inside the house.

1 Like

I Stay in Vidyaranyapura, I dont find any near by charging station , are there any plans to install one near by.

2 Likes

Sir,
I have question why you made complication in “installing home charging Point” why cant you have worked on just a simple portable charger while taking vehicle.
A simple portable charge, which would have saved your time and easy process.

Anyone ( @Ather.Team) can answer this? Technically I understand that it will have better surge protection+only Ather vehicles can be charged+Ather can read the power consumption etc…, but for an end user how is it going to benefit compared to charging cable? How will I prevent mischievous damages as it will be installed outside the house?

1 Like

not sure if this is what you are looking for but want to let you know we have an option

1 Like

@Abhishek , thanks…

1. Could you please explain how it is safer than charging cable?
  2. How user experience is made better?

Now, if I go with ‘Charge Point’, I guess I will have to pay for any mischievous damages. Or is that taken care? Will it be expensive to fix the damages? Is it waterproof? I think I need to weigh pro and cons of ‘Charge Point’ Vs ‘Charging Cable’

1 Like