Charging issues

Didn’t think of this! They should also indicate that on the scooter screen.

1 Like

I found a new bug few days back!

So usually i plug my charger after reaching home from office (i live in a apartment) and in the morning as expected it will be at 100% or 105kms in eco mode!

If I power off and then unplug the connector from the bike. The kms drops to 104 km but while trying vice versa nothing happens!

I was curious and tried 2-3 times… but SOC % remains 100% no matter what!

2 Likes

It is an approximation of charge happening. Charge is very hard to calculate, and it is not a straightforward process too. Obviously, there will be slight degradation on the cell right after it steps off the manufacturing line which adds to it.

Check this out too.

3 Likes

Screen stuck at initializing

Charger stuck on orange/yellowish light

Fan constantly running even with scooter unplugged

Whats the issue?

2 Likes

I just hope charger is okay.

1 Like

charger f/w might be updating.

2 Likes

If your charger isn’t working right give it some time to update if it still doesn’t work properly after a while take it to a service center. Sometimes it can take a long time but if you still think something’s wrong go to the service center they’ll either fix it or give you a new charger.

2 Likes

How charger downloads the software?

1 Like

Scooter downloads it and upload it to charger when connected.

3 Likes

Via scooter when connected to charge. Happened second day of my purchase and asked showroom guys to explain what is going on.

Here’s light indicators guide for portable charger.

2 Likes

I have never seen this brochure. Where did you get this.?

2 Likes

Alongwith portable charger at the time of scooter purchase.

2 Likes

Its not :frowning: I’m charging with someone else’s charger atm and will take mine to (the horrible) service center soon

2 Likes

I wish that was the case, but the just glows orange the moment it’s plugged in, even without connecting to the scooter. The fans also blaring at full speed.

I left it connected to the scooter for 5-6 hours in this state but that didn’t help either. Some other issue I guess :confused:

2 Likes

Are you gen2? They’ve really been cheaping out after that. When I was getting my Gen3 delivered I also questioned. Where’s the paperwork? User guide? maintainancr booklet?

2 Likes

Maybe the ota failed in between and now it would have to be done manually or something. These are the same symptoms that happened to me I left it connected overnight and in the morning it was green again.

Nope, I’m Gen3.1, purchased Jan’23. Just got this brochure and a bag with charger inside, maybe old stock or I got lucky.

3 Likes

Oh interesting. I’ll have them manually update it.

Gen3.1 they cut down the charger quality as well I think. I’m charging with the 3.1 charger and the 1. DC cable is significantly thinner and lighter, 2. Its missing the PRCD plug.

2 Likes

PRCD is missing in mine also. I haven’t seen any old chargers so can’t say on wire size.

3 Likes

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this looked like a good place to ask.

Does the scooter charging stop when it reaches 100% or does it go on till I turn off the charger ? Asking because I charge the vehicle overnight and it finishes charging by 5am while I only wake up around 730-8am. I don’t want to damage the battery through overcharging.

I’m thinking about using a smart plug to schedule a turn off at 530 am if the vehicle doesn’t stop charging when it reaches 100%.

2 Likes

Except those makeshift Chinese chargers, all the chargers cut the power when battery is full. Like literally all, people still ask similar things about mobile phones as well. All of the modern devices has decent chargers with autocut.

And Ather chargers are more advance and smart, so yeah, it will stop charging at 100%

2 Likes