Charging habits

How to check battery health, can anyone help me out?

2 Likes

You cannot. It’s only something service team can do. And AFAIK, they won’t do it without any reason or just if you want to know your battery health

2 Likes

You can approximate it by using your ride stats and battery percentage drop.

4 Likes

How to approximate tell

2 Likes

Does more use of fast charging degrades the battery :battery: or daily use of fast charge

3 Likes

you can fast charge once in a few days. daily use of fast charge would degrade it faster

1 Like

Ya bro can you explain in detail how it will degrade the battery I think as chemical reactions are faster when fast charging but if you can provide full detail it will be helpful and i prefer 20-80 method everytime and do slow charge from portable charger and use fast charger in urgency only or in extreme need…

2 Likes

We should do a complete drain of battery like remaining 1-2 percent once in a month so it will be good for battery I heard from some owners is it true please give clarification on it

1 Like

No. Who ever said that is incorrect.

You should never go all the way down to 2% (Unless it’s an urgency).

Try and charge at or above 20% SOC whenever possible.

1 Like

Oh thanks for the response bro some owners whom them i knowere talking about it so I thought to ask first ast i follow 20 or 30-100 cycle everytime

Ather has engineered the 450/X very intelligently.

In the Ather 450X G2 :

The Battery size is 2.9 & usable is 2.6

That’s a buffer of over 10%

In the Ather 450 Plus G2:

The Battery size is 2.9 & usable is 2.23

That’s a buffer of over 23%

In Gen 3, it’s even Better;

The 450X G3 :

The Battery size is 3.7 & usable is 3.24

That’s a buffer of over 12%

The 450 Plus G3 :

The Battery size is 3.7 & usable is 2.6

That’s a buffer of over 29% :exploding_head:

PS. All the battery size mentioned above are given out officially in the Specification sheet and are in kWh.

So technically speaking, Ather has already taken care of extreme low charge & 100% charge, as that’s where the batteries are under extreme stress.

The 20-80-20 rule is just an additional safety margin over the buffer that we do.

So chill, and enjoy the wheeeee…

14 Likes

Thank you… Well explained

1 Like

Wow! Such deep research :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I always had a doubt about this. Does our smartphone batteries also have any buffer like Ather?

1 Like

Oops. I read it wrong. I do not have any idea about that. Maybe they don’t just to increase battery use and get people to switch or change batteries.

2 Likes

I guess so.

So an educated guess that I take is these MI Powerbanks have a Stated capacity of 20,000 mAh, but if you read the fine lines on their official product page the actual capacity (read as usable capacity) is technically around 13,000 mAh.

That’s a buffer of about 35%.

Considering an average cell phone user who invests in a power bank, would never follow the 20-80-20 rule, and neither is that expected by the manufacturer from such users.

4 Likes

Hey folks, new Ather owner here. I recently bought the Ather 450x 3.7 kwh variant. My daily commute is approx 100 km (50 km per trip). I usually charge it upto 100% using optimised charging 2.0 feature so that i get the full range and come back home from anywhere between 10% to 15% charge sometimes even 20% charge left daily. Range has stopped being a concern for me as it clearly has over delivered in this aspect. My concern however is of battery degradation. My charge pattern is 10-100-10 daily 5 days a week. Will this affect my battery life even with optimised charging? Ive already coverd 1000km at this rate ill cover 30000 in this year itself. Hopefully in future i may move closer to home but until then im forced to use the battery to its extremes.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t be an issue! Ride your heart away

1 Like

Not to worry. Go wheee without a doubt

1 Like

I ride a Series 1 Ather 450x bought in 2021. My usage is between 64 kms to 70kms daily with 100% charge at night and top up to 100 % in morning to make up for the drop of 2 %. So far ao good. Ather has yet to give me the state of health of my battery.

2 Likes