Charging at Ather Grid

This place under renovation… 2 days have to wait …

2 Likes

Are you the guy who regularly charges @ Infintea…? Lately been seeing an Ather charging there almost on a daily basis🙂

And yes, I too noticed the dug up area around the charger. It’s inaccessible now.

2 Likes

Rarely using …

@nishant.dk manyata tech park has more than a lakh techies working. Have you planned a charging station over there? We see so many ather scooter at the tech park.

1 Like

Hi @rajeshk12th, Manyata Tech Park is an iconic workplace in Bangalore and we have reached out to the tech park management in the past, and there position has been that if tenants bring up a requirement for EV charging stations, then they will consider installing one.

Do you work there ? Or can you connect us to some EV users who there? Then we can take some testimonials and reach out to the tech park management again, referring the requirement from people working there.

Message me directly if you have the contacts and we will take it up from there!

3 Likes

Could someone tell me the ather fast charger specifications such as the power rating?

The Ather Grid fast chargers are installed at public locations and need about 3KW capacity to function.

1 Like

Once that happens can we hope for adapters? I suppose a retrofit would be too complicated considering that would require modifying the Ather Dot too.

Hopefully, yes. Depends on the standardisation that happens. There are two possibilities:

1. If the voltage platform for the charging is the same, it requires a simple interface change.
  2. If it doesn’t match, then it’s a difficult task to develop a converter that also converts the voltage to the right standard.
2 Likes

Hi,

I would like ather to adopt a standardized charging(like CCS or bharat dc 001 or open charge protocol) for interoperability

2 Likes

I believe the main problem with this is the charging voltage difference… Cars have much higher charging voltage. But maybe they can come up with a standardization for just 2 wheelers.

Thanks to Ather team finally one point instal is located in Near Reva collage it’s very help ful who are travelling Airport route

any one have doubts location plz DM me

6 Likes

On that note, one new location in Bangalore has gone live in the last couple of days! Check out Cafe Olive Planet, near Reva Institute of Technology.

The Cafe itself is set to open in a few weeks, but they have a beautiful location for you to check out and charge your EV. Plus, also great for airport rides!

12 Likes

@abhishek.balaji

My friend he is ready to give place for usage of ATHER GRID point and expecting benefit …

Give some guidelines to him / me.

1 Like

Hi Team is there anything being planned for the charging station solution because the number of vehicles are obviously going up as you all know and today I had planned my journey as I was running on low battery and had to reach home And I planned to go to natures basket on the way for the charging It was free at the time I left and when I reached it was already occupied by another vehicle and it was raining very heavily I had only 16% left I can’t even ride slowly to the next station due to rain and it was a very difficult situation for me and I’m sure many others are facing this aswell. I just needed 10 min of charge n I would have left

Is there any solution coming up by ather for this ?

If there is something like we can ping the owner to request to attend to the vehicle by tapping on his dashboard button to ping him on his phone directly ?

And he can disconnect the charger lock through the app or decline it with a message which will be shown on his dashboard something like that By making use of the connected feature already available

Incase the owner has connected the charger casually and he really dosent need charging then there can be a charge release option on the dashboard we can remove without disturbing the owner

Anything please

Since the number of vehicles are increasing its gonna be more difficult

@abhishek.balaji I am tagging you to this post so that u can read it Do let us know if ather is working on this already or planning to ?

9 Likes

Why doesn’t Ather, for now, enable the 16amp socket which is below the black cover, when another ather is getting charged? If someone who is carrying a portable charger with it’s Scooter can also be benefited?

8 Likes

Th plug point is actually not a DC output. So this argument doesn’t hold good. It is just basically like a basic 5A socket. Just authenticated

But since the grid points were not designed just for Ather vehicles and any vehicle can charge including electric cars…the probability of a scenario where the charger is already blocked is pretty high IMO

My bad, in that case, I don’t see why the plug point can’t be used while the grid point is being used. I don’t see anything limiting this, other than a power draw limitation from the host.

I did ask for it a while back

This was partly a solution that was provided but idk if they’ll consider enabling both. But I honestly this it’s in their best interest to let us use both. Since Ather grid is open to non Ather too they use the socket and even though the charger is available we can’t charge our scooter without unplugging the other person’s charger. Feels like one charging point wasted.