Charging at Ather Grid

Noted, have flagged this to the team.

Some Ather owners are using Ather grid points as parking space please avoid this. Yesterday, i was left with 10% charge, nearest point was go native Jayanagar. There another vehicle with 85% was put for charging. Waited there for more than an hour. Even after full charging of vehicle, owner don’t turn up. Please avoid these things. Use Ather grid point for emergency charging not as parking space.
@Ather.Team do something to avoid such instances. Earlier also faced such situation in the same go native grid.

5 Likes

U should have clicked a picture of that vehicle and posted it here. So he would have got to know that you are talking about him if he is following this forum.

Took a pic, but don’t want to point out.

2 Likes

Noticed the same at electronic City charging station too. Vehicle is plugged in even if it is 100% charged. Noticed the same multiple times.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Charging plug release at 80% when charging at Grid points

This topic has been discussed in length long back.

Releaseing the charger pin after 80% or 90% or anything less than 100% charge is not the right way in my opinion. Some people here are already using the Grid “only” and they may need full 100% charge for the next day. That person may be going on a long ride. You really can’t tell what is the other person’s need.

But of course, what you have mentioned is a real issue no doubt. The person in queue has to wait till the first person comes and removes the charger.

Some of the suggestions for this problem may be :

1. As an etiquette, the first person can leave his phone number so that the second person can call and check/request. But not everyone will want to display it publicly.
  2. Have some button in the vehicle dashboard itself that can notify the first person on his smartphone app that someone is waiting and if possible remove the charger.
  3. Release the locking pin of the charger automatically after 100%. it is unsafe as there may be chances of arcing (true for any percentage too).
  4. Option for the first person, based on his need, to set a charge percentage after which the charging pin can be released automatically. negative of this is same as for the above point
  5. A simple notification of the charge percentage once the vehicle is completely charged. This will be helpful not only in the Grid but even at home. At a grid the first guy may go and remove the charger as a good gesture and at home, we can switch off the power
  6. Add more chargers in one single location. Best solution but there may be space constraints in that location

Till anything is decided we have to develop some etiquette and remove the charger ourselves if at all we are the first person charging and have the required amount of charge.

8 Likes

Ather grids are going to be paid from Jan
How the cost is measured later like prepaid ( pay the amount and get the charging for that amount ) or post paid ( charge what ever we want and pay the bill) ?

1 Like

What about people with Ather One subscription plan? Will they also be charged?

1 Like

The FAQs page answers this question

Non-Ather EVs can use the charging service at a nominal cost by paying through the Ather Grid app. If you are an Ather 450 user, charging costs will be covered under the subscription plan.

The cost of charging for non-Ather EVs: ₹35 per half-hour session for electric two wheelers ₹75 per half-hour session for electric cars.

The cost of charging for Ather EVs not having Ather One or Ather Charge subscription plan is ₹20 per half-hour session.

3 Likes

Thank you for the FAQ link, my doubt was not with amount but with the method which is applied.
By the FAQ it’s clear that charging in calculated on time basis. Is there any wallet in the Ather app to deduct the amount when the charging is done ? I guess NO, then how the money is transferred

1 Like

no place to park ather vehicles at 6000 Miles To Isle of Man

Fortunately the KTM service center next to it and is closed on Sunday i believe so using their space to charge the vehicle.

8 Likes

If you ask the security, they will move the bikes. I have had the same experience the security guy helped me.

1 Like

Anyone here who’s charging right now at Innov8 Koramangala? You put your scooter on charge just ten minutes back and it’s already 100%, which means you probably had above 95% when you started charging?

I really need to get my scooter charged right now!
I’m almost dead.

Also, till we have more public charging facilities, shouldn’t we use the chargers if we actually need it, rather than just because ‘it is there’ :thinking:

4 Likes

@Ather.Team What is your policy towards ‘overstaying’ or hogging the public charger? If not now, atleast when it’s not free.

Discussion on this topic is in the below topic.
https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/grid-sharing-features/4252

Nothing is decided till now as a policy.

Hope and wish the other Ather owner comes out and you get to charge.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Grid sharing features

Today also I faced the same problem…

1 Like

My 1st Grid charge in orian mall rajajinagar …
Charging place was super …
But,
U have to pay parking charge 30rs up to 2hrs…

2 Likes

Which level is it on? UB or LB?

1 Like