Changing Rear/Front brake pads on ather 450, 450x etc with part numbers

they have to sell parts over the counter, if any denying is there, you should file a complaint with customer care.

3 Likes

Gonna try buying some Ather stickers then​:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I asked this from my service centre supervisor, he told that even though there are rules in place to sell over the counter, they are strictly prohibited to do so from Ather Management. Reasoning was that since the parts are not available from any third party, Ather wants to enjoy monopoly.

No, they can’t, since playing monopoly is illegal in India. All the service centres will try to do is earn Labour money, the parts are expensive and Labour is super expensive.

I have already made a purchase a few times here in Chennai, since i didn’t want to pay Labour I fixed them myself. Any kind of game they play ask them to give it writing why they wouldn’t sell, next stop will be consumer court.

7 Likes

Have u read that new athers aren’t getting the fan below the seats I wonder if it’s a silent upgrade to moter or it was just not necessary for start…

It’s true, to bring down the Noise levels, the Fan has been removed, but at the same time heatsink size has been doubled. Still, I think there is a small fan in the motor controller unit for some active cooling.

Yeah, a smaller fan looks logical. Bigger heat sink won’t help much alone as air flow is not so strong are that region.

Actually it is. You don’t realise, but it is more than enough…

They charged me Rs 45 for labour for lhs rear view mirror. I also did get multiple small things fixed in the vehicle for which they didn’t charge, so didn’t mind paying 45 for it. I brought the issue to service manager and showroom manager, they know that legally they are bound to sell but Ather management has said no to otc sales.

A bigger heatsink is better for Heat dissipation, no matter what, the controller is now also responsible for Hill-hold. which adds more load on it. My guess is this type of sink should solve most of the issues if it’s well-fixed in the center of the heat sink.

A 5 min job, if you own a tool, can cost just the initial cost of owning it. even though I don’t mind paying petty expenses, but most of thing if required to change costs a lot,

No, they haven’t even during last meeting they have assured us that over-the-counter sale is there in the Ather and no dealer can deny it.

4 Likes

If you are there for the regular service, and there is need of pads replacement in the vehicle , you just need to pay for the pads, the labour is already included in the service labour charge which is near by Rs.450 for 450X_2nd gen.

Last week it happens to me and I denied for the extra labour charge for pad replacement.

1 Like

No it isn’t.

1 Like