CAT S60 phone

Check with CAT dealer Gmmco for price and availability of S62/S61 models… As an employee of CAT i can check if S62 is available in India.

5 Likes

CAT phone durability and strength test. Built for it.

3 Likes

Wow wow wow!!! This was amazing…! Thanks for sharing…I mean I actually am not that excited as I have seen many tests like this. But, there are very few tests which are done on smartphones and, the main thing’s that all of the phones passed the tests… Makes me more inclined to choose my next phone as cat and import it…

Let me caution again on not putting your hand on the defective lot that @blackworks pointed out.

Me being one of that customer, facing issues of heating…wifi automatically on and draining battery… heating have affected the rubber and adhesive… everything peeled off… including the camera guard at the back…

But phone is still working…and my uses are minimal…maps…whatsapp…browse…so I am fine with this…(thermal camera ofcourse I am using it)

And I doubt you will get any kind of service…I have not tried as well…

3 Likes

This should not be an issue for phones purchased from reputable sellers abroad.

This is a true problem. The S60 I picked up was from the CAT US store, so it was a US spec phone. Which meant Dual SIM was not enabled in firmware even though there was a second SIM slot. It would also not pick up 4G networks here, so cellular internet was atrocious. Keeping this in mind, I got an unlocked, international version S61 from eBay US and that’s been working perfectly fine.

1 Like

I rooted my phone… following instructions in xda-developers…unlocked second sim by changing the firmware to all world version…but there is a network compatibility issue with Indian 4G and 3G bandwidth …but jio 4G works…I am using jio for data and bsnl 2G for call :grinning:

1 Like

Yup! Thanks for the caution. I understand that and I will thoroughly check before buying. With that said, I do not aggressively use my phone on weekdays. I will certainly not buy this thing online.

Contact CAT dealer Gmmco if you want to buy it offline. Cat products should be bought through CAT dealers

3 Likes

IMG-20210319-WA0016 IMG-20210319-WA0014 IMG-20210319-WA0010 IMG-20210319-WA0011

7 Likes

This looks dope! I would like to see more of the images stating what actually is the temperature of the battery when it is exposed to scorching heat after a ride.

It never went past my mind that polarized liquid crystals would meddle with far IR! Nice thought for my weekend!

2 Likes