CAT S60 phone

Is that a Cat S60?

3 Likes

Yes :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh wow. A thermal photo of the ather floor board would be nice. When it’s charging or even fast charging.

1 Like

Samepinch. :slight_smile:

Retired it for a S61, but am considering bringing it back to life and semi permanently fixing it to the scooter.

3 Likes

5 Likes

S61🤓 ! Are you measuring the air quallty with the inbuilt sensor…which city you are in and how’s the performance?

3 Likes

I didn’t know if S60 or S61 are available for Indian customers… :thinking:

Lol. It got annoying after the AQS would not shut up in the workshop, so I turned it off.

Performs better than the 60. I was thinking of getting a 62, but think I will hold out for the next version, hopefully with LIDAR.

they aren’t. Need to be imported.

2 Likes

It’s available…but read reviews and only go for it if you really need it.

Cons: it’s heavy, heating issues are there, Android 6, poor video quality. Price. No service. (Mine is not waterproof anymore after I dipped in sea for more than 30mins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, my mistake :nerd_face:)

Pros: Rugged, saline waterproof, it’s a low price and readily available thermal camera in your pocket. Can be used with gloves on. But screen over sensitive while on charging.

2 Likes

The reviews do not seem to be that positive. I have always liked this phone, but, I believed that it isn’t available in India. In short, the word ‘rugged’ sums it up for me… All G-Shock lovers might get this… :wink:

1 Like

Don’t let the reviews throw you off. There was a batch of QC rejected S60s that was picked up by someone and sold on Snapdeal for under 30k. Three of my friends bought them and they’ve all croaked. Mine kept going till I got my S61 and retired it.

I’ve dropped them, thrown them, forgotten them on fenders and slammed hoods on them, and they’re still alive. The average battery life is 2 days on a single charge. The FLIR is a nice party trick. Might not be as snappy as a Galaxy or iPhone or OnePlus or what have you, but I don’t miss that.

I like things that are built to last, and these things are.

3 Likes

FYI…I Brought for less than 30k from Amazon.com… refurbished… might be that’s the issue…

1 Like

Very much possible. Looks like one guy managed to get his hands on a cheap lot and dump them in this market.

1 Like

My CAT S60 vs Ather

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: What’s the approximate cost of S60/S61/S62 after importing it? I have no idea whatsoever…

2 Likes

It prices - Less than Apple iphone, Cat phones don’t perform as fast as phones that we use daily, am using for some research application only, if we are lightweight application users then recommend to buy. Otherwise go with flir device.

1 Like

S60 and 61 are discontinued. Last I checked (a long time ago) S62 was retailing for 699 USD.

S60 was underpowered. The 61 I have is significantly better. I guess the 62 will be even more so.

2 Likes

I guess I need to dig more and find out whether S62 stands apart from stereotypical phones…

1 Like

LOL. Easy. You can use it like a hammer to smash other phones. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Looks like you love the S series very much… :stuck_out_tongue: Jokes apart, I really liked the specs of it…

2 Likes