Can we expect any price update from Ather?

Since OLA and Simple Energy have launched their scooters with a better spects. Can i expect a price revision from Ather ?

3 Likes

They have to update the price and features and stop subscription based services. But OLA has not clarified many things in its keynote speech. So let’s hope they deliver what they promised.

4 Likes

Prices are updated on the website bro. Ultimately the price is less than ather and Ola has bigger battery.

2 Likes

What if the features are subscription based?

2 Likes

As of now let us speak with Scooter cost bro. 1.29L for Ola S1 Pro Vs 1.5L for 450X. S1 Pro has bigger battery, Higher Ram, Higher Speed.

2 Likes

Really don’t think Ather is planning on reducing prices at them moment…:neutral_face:, this is not the attitude I wanted to see from Ather. I own a 450 and I’m glad I didn’t wait for the 450x, really not worth it, very expensive for the range it offers. I’m glad that Ola and simple launched these lower priced better scooters. A wake up call for ather was necessary, and this will surely make electric scooters more affordable to everyone.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @tarun @swapniljain Expecting a reply from Ather soon about the plans in pricing. The pricing of OLA will really affect the resale of existing ather scooters. It would be really good if you bring some information about the pricing.

I have this question. If OLA can do a bigger battery with better specs at 1.3 L then why ather was not able to do it ? The price of 450X is High with lower features.

3 Likes
  1. Lower volumes by Ather and higher Volume commitment by OLA.
  2. As there are lower volume Ather decided to less volume more margin strategy (That trying to be a Premium vehicle). OLA on other side did opposite more volume less margin.
1 Like

Ola is likely to be making a very big loss with every scooter sold. They have invested big hoping that economics of scale will make it profitable in a couple of years.

Ather is barely breaking even currently and any price cuts can only happen if volumes go up significantly. With Ola undercutting on price, Ather’s volumes will most likely fall.

While Ola will drive EV adoption, this is a really tough spot for Ather. Maybe we will see a very big promoter step in and finance Ather to take on Ola :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I don’t feel that way bro. They do have one of the biggest manufacturing plant.

I am interested in buying Ather, but cost is too high…

1 Like

I think it is because ola is using a tubular frame which is quite common and also is using economies of scale with their hyperfactory but Ather is using an aluminium frame which is costlier but lightweight which results in 450x weight being 108kg but Olas is 125kg and also they won’t be producing as many as ola so higher material cost of the aluminium but again this is my perspective I’m not sure of the exact thing.

2 Likes

Now that Ather has started officially hinting at the new version, I hope they can reduce the price.

1 Like

Maybe the current 450X comes down and there is only a small gap in the current price difference and the newer 450X’ s price.

I hope they’ll not call the new one 450X! Depending on how big of an upgrade it is, maybe it will be 460 or 550!

We shall see.

I do remember seeing somewhere on the forum that the original 340 (?) number was made up based on the specs of the vehicle. Not sure if that is still followed.

1 Like

Oh they’re most probably going to call it the 450X. Here is the photo from Media Day:

And if I remember correctly, the approval certificate also mentions 450X

You’re right about the 340 naming. And 450 came with it hence the naming. 450X was just an upgraded version but something to do with Extreme or Xtreme hence the name.

We can only wait and see what happens.

2 Likes