Can we change Ather horn?

Can we change Ather horn it’s not working properly?

2 Likes

Yes, you can pretty simple too.

3 Likes

Any issue with insurance after that?

1 Like

Why would you have an issue with Insurance ? :thinking: did you meant warranties

2 Likes

Yes warranty.

1 Like

Well, that completely depends on ASC’s mood, sometimes they are okay with it, and sometimes they scare you off. My best gamble is to ask them and then replace. Sometimes they are okay with it.

1 Like

Is gen1 horn compatible with gen2 & gen4 ?

3 Likes

All horns for passengers Cars and 2 wheelers use 12v system. So yes it’s compatible. If you are going after market make sure it’s less than 1.5 amp. That’s the max limit. For Ather

2 Likes

My post got flagged so have to change the topic. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Ok thanks for the info.

1 Like

I don’t want aftermarket I miss horn which was there in OG 450 it was very loud did its job perfectly. I asked for this in SC they said Ather has changed coupler design so that horn won’t fit. Also they say OG 450 horn is not available any more since they have stopped production long time ago. I want to upgrade my Series1 and Apex horn to OG 450s horn very badly

3 Likes

AFAIK Ather used Bosch horn in OG Gen 1.5 here is the link

If you want a performance upgrade that is also compatible with all gens. Try Hella S90 use 1 which says H(high)

4 Likes

i think if you had to even change gen 1 horn today they would give you new lower horn.Horn itself isnt that complex to be not compitable just that Ather has stopped using the old one due to cost or relations with the vendor

4 Likes

Price for that horn is ₹1150 but it’s worth it considering meek horn in newer generation which are worthless.

2 Likes

Apex Horn felt like Old Scooty Pep and Etc. They should give some Bold Horn as Default. I never suggest or get Suggested to use after market assy in Ather :rocket:

3 Likes

Wait what???., that horn costs that much???

1 Like

Yeah don’t know why.

2 Likes

True but since they were sourcing parts at less no cost is high?

2 Likes

If we ever start buying Ather spare parts and starts assembling an Ather altogether, we would eventually end up paying 3 lakhs or more :joy::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

No bro I think they had spent nearly 3lakhs on each OG 450 because of 3000 units. So spares for that model is on costlier side. See compared to that 450x are less cheaper.

2 Likes