Bluetooth helmet and TPMS

You can read the below post if you haven’t already.

My understanding from the post for helmet and TPMS is as follows…

TPMS - Aug/Sep. Going by the History, expect no announcements before 23:59 on September 30th (

Bluetooth helmet…no real known timelines.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It looks like the regulators changed the goal post on the specs and conditions of legal bt audio. At least in my state, they are pushing to suppress use of bt audio (even dash cams) while riding, stating loss of concentration.

I agree partly because I’ve seen people explain using both hands, with phone pressed in with shoulders, while riding a two wheeler. It will be worse with bt headsets / helmets because we will not have a clue the rider is on phone and might turn the direction the conversation takes.

2 Likes

I don’t agree. IMO, its the contrary. Bluetooth enables hands free music and call experience. I use it all the time for long leisure rides. It helps to cut down all the annoying honking and lets me:

• focus on a safe ride
  • enjoy my music Peace :v:
3 Likes

I would do the same. Unfortunately, I have not found a good listening experience with my current setup. I had tried earbud headphones, but they put a lot of pressure on the ear canal while on bumpy roads. In-ear ones do not reproduce the music like I need it. (Bass player, so need a decent response for bass lines. Not the phat :loud_sound: bass kind, tho)

1 Like

Really excited and waiting for the TPMS. We hope it will really be out this month

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji when are you rolling out TPMS?? I see my vehicle’s pressure drops very quickly. And it affects range badly. Please roll it out on priority so that we can know when is the right time to fill air.

7 Likes

I am just hoping that TPMS doesn’t roll over to 2022.

1 Like

Do you still beliver ther will rollout TPMS​:joy::joy:

2 Likes

its already in beta stage

try neckband like Sony Wp-510, decent bass completely fits in ears, PS battery backup is good for only 5 hrs continuous

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. Recent crusade by Bangalore Traffic Police is crazy. No bluetooth enabled devices during driving it seems because it doesn’t let the driver concentrate! Their reasoning: you can’t talk on the phone while driving in Bangalore roads!

1. What if my friend is sitting in the seat next to me? Should I tape his mouth shut? He’s bound to talk to me at some point sitting in traffic.
  2. What if my friend is singing in the car? No bluetooth, so it’s suddenly ok?
  3. Driving in itself is a form of multitasking. You do a lot of things at once! How is listening to music or talking on the phone one of the biggest culprits?
  4. Avoiding potholes on Bangalore roads are the real problem. That’s what takes up all our attention while driving!

Experienced drivers will drive safely even with music or calls or while talking to someone in the car or scooter. It’s the people who lose concentration that create a problem and BTP just wants a new source of revenue.

5 Likes

Saw a Bluetooth helmet startup in Shark Tank India. Altor. Maybe Ather should tie up with them? Cannot exactly comment what should be done as the latest developments are unknown.

2 Likes

Why are you people thinking about it. Other scooter companies are providing it for free!

3 Likes

Can you give an example where a scooter company has provided free bluetooth helmet?

2 Likes

Not free Bluetooth helmet, free Bluetooth on scooter. With Ather 450 plus they don’t provide Bluetooth which means TPMS won’t work!

1 Like

This thread is about Bluetooth helmet and TPMS. Stick to the thread subject please. As regards to Ather Plus not having bluetooth, the Ather website has Ather 450 Plus and Ather 450X features mentioned clearly.

10 Likes

Can I know how to use TPMS when it rolls out through OTA update?.. I am new Ather 450x user and I am only confused about this TPMS.

3 Likes

TPMS is an accessory which you will need to buy separately when it is launched in a few weeks. It is a physical device which is installed inside the tyre. The OTA update that was rolled out has added support for TPMS reading to be displayed in the dashboard and in the Ather App.

2 Likes

On the time of purchasing the scooter i was told that the tpms is going to be installed in our scooter for free as this is the feature for your side this not a part of accessories

It was sold to be a paid accessory for all 450x.

1 Like