Battery Pack

Ther Ather Open House was more or less dedicated to the topic of Range. Here is a post from one of the attendees. Ownership Experience

1 Like

Instead of fixed battery can we have detachable lithium battery. some of them will not be having house in ground floor and if they take basic Ather data plan they wont be able to charge in Ather energy grid stations, How do they charge vehicle?

3 Likes

May be you can read this blog…

there is no plan for detachable battery.

2 Likes

On Li-ion battery

1 Like

On Graphene based battery

1 Like

If in the future, battery packs with higher capacity are available, or there are newer technologies like supercapacitors, is it possible to retrofit them into our Ather scooters?

2 Likes

Hey @nit1995,

It would be too early to know anything on that today, given the near saturation in Li-ion tech in the last few years.

1 Like

@ Shreyas

As every one knows battery will be major replacement cost after 3 or 4 years what would be new battery cost currently.
Or tentative costing for replacement battery
By now you should have pricing clarity on this

Plz reply TIA

3 Likes

35k is the estimated price… but Ather claims 8 years life before replacing one,

2 Likes

Is there a future possibility of putting more battery packs or doubling the Li-ion cells on existing model to increase range?

2 Likes

even am interested to hear on this please
i think we should have 4Kw battery which will be good for most of the needs and let us not forget charging tine should be same or lesser…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I’ve had my Ather for a couple of months now (haven’t had a chance to ride a lot though - only ~110km).

I’ve noticed this week that the battery capacity seems to have dropped significantly.

I’m show 54km on a full charge with ECO, and 49km without it.

In practice this seems to have been the case as well.

Not sure if this is the case with my particular vehicle or a larger issue.

3 Likes

Hey @karthikb351,

It’s highly unlikely that the battery capacity has dropped. This has more to do with the predicated range of the vehicle based on your riding pattern.

Would recommend you check out the Ownership experience thread where this has been discussed in quite detail.

Helpful posts:

Post 1
Post 2
Post 3
Post 4
Post 5
Post 6

Do get back to me if you still need more clarity on this after reading these :slight_smile:

Regards,
Shreyas

3 Likes

That makes sense @Shreyas. Thanks.

Perhaps this should be better surfaced to the user in some way, since there is no indication that this is an estimate that has come down based on usage/riding patterns. To me it just looked like the range dropped one day despite charging it fully.

1 Like

My range also changed

@Ather.Team, wondering if you have some data about the battery pack status in case of a crash which results in the battery unit getting crushed/punctured? Came across the nail penetration test of a Li-Ion cell (not sure if it’s the 18650 we currently have in Ather) but the results are quite violent :astonished: even for a single cell.

3 Likes

Thats all you can get max 60 and still puzzled how people get 80 or 100

2 Likes

50kms in power and 60 in eco…

1 Like

similar for me when driving aggressively.

2 Likes