Atherstack 5.8 for Gen 2 onwards

Sssshh. They get hurt.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji there are no charging completed notifications anymore…

Anyone having better load times for maps or ride data after 5.9??; everything seems the same even though the only update note says they moved to zmtp for a more “efficient and seamless” experience.

1 Like

When did they release this version? I’m still on 5.8

It’s nothing to worry about u will recieve it soon Beta testers get it first to see if there are any major issues after frew days u will recieve it tooo

Yaa and getting it early is totally a hit or many misses situation with Ather there’s heavy probability it could be the later an extremely buggy interface and then you’d have to wait for a fix for way too long between updates. Thankfully most of the problems are generally just display and connectivity errors nothing about things that are critical to how or if it rides.

2 Likes

That is understandable, you beta testers are brave people. I can’t bear the addition stress of the bugs while riding. It is one thing to be a beta tester for an app but for a thing that can move at 80+ kph is beyond me. Thank you for your service :saluting_face:

If possible could you please share the changelog of this update?

1 Like

Hi. May i get your vastu specs? I will do the same setup.

I agree that the optimized charging 2.0 is a good update for those who charge to 100% and doesn’t want to experience early battery degradation but they shouldn’t have removed the previous one which was stopping the charge at 80%.

So, what’s your opinion folks? What do you use or prefer the most?

WHICH OPTIMIZED CHARGING WAS BETTER?
  • Optimized charging 1.0 (The one which was stopping charging at 80%, irrespective of the time)
  • Optimized charging 2.0 ( Doesn’t cuts off at 80% but slow charge’s to 100% if plugged in at night)
0 voters

Can you share that code ?

1 Like

It is scooter vin and time specific random 5 digit number, so it won’t work for you.

2 Likes

time specific

1 Like

The update broke my scooter fr! It was on charge when it started updating, since then, it is saying remove charger to update, but nothing happens on removing the charger. Tried hard rebooting but that also did not work.

Service center told me to wait till tomorrow morning, they will try to reboot it remotely otherwise I have to call RSA and get it towed to the nearest SC :sleepy: :sleepy:

1 Like

Try rebooting the vehicle by holding both the brakes together with start button for 5-10 seconds.

1 Like

Tried everything, nothing works, SC guy asked me to call RSA and get it towed to the SC :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

New fear unlocked

2 Likes

Who pays for the RSA in such cases?

1 Like

Service Centre.

1 Like

I had Ather assure plan so RSA was free for me. But however mixed experience,

1. Requested for RSA, the truck driver called me and said that he will be there by 1-2hrs (he was about ~50kms away), 3hrs went by but no sign of RSA, called the Ather RSA number, they gave me the actual phone number of the driver, the driver told me he will come tomorrow, as his truck has got a puncture. (Imagine what if the customer is stranded at the middle of nowhere and waiting for the RSA van to come :slightly_smiling_face:). Called Ather RSA again, they told me they will arrange another truck but no response till now.

2. Someone from Ather saw my forum post and reached out to me and asked me to insert the key and keep the scooter turned on. He took 10-20mins and then I saw the scooter rebooted and went back to functioning as normal.

Things I found interesting:

1. Even if the scooter dashboard is not working, the scooter was still connected to the network as a result they were able to execute a reboot command on the scooter remotely.

2. While the dashboard was not working, Horn, lights, indicators, sound nothing was working.

3. I was still able to turn the Motor on and off.

4. Speed was limited to ~24kmph

5. Side stand cut off was not working. The scooter was still moving even if the side stand is down.

6. When this happened, I was not able to do hard reboot (both brakes and power switch for 30 secs)

6 Likes

Not gonna lie, I literally just tried this (⁠◔⁠‿⁠◔⁠)

Rebooted the dashboard and went on ride. I didn’t see any speed limit. And when dashboard rebooted completely, all the data was loading with huge delay and when I reached home and dropped the stand and it was still catching on. On side stand it was showing I’m doing 30kmph and then indicator sound started playing :⁠-⁠P

3 Likes