šŸš€ Atherstack 5.3 (Gen 2 and 3)

Carry your portable charger with you and use the 16a top socket beside the grid when no one is around to charge the scooter

21 Likes

One more thing should be there is Dashboard Font size be bigger as we have to focus to see time and all and chances of loosing focus from road is easy and dangerous. Previous one was too goodā€¦

16 Likes

I have a Dot charger. And I donā€™t plan on doing regular long rides tbh. So I can deal with this update. The concern was more from a general perspective.

16 Likes

I get your point, it makes sense. But most of North India has a poor Grid connectivity and thereā€™s no two ways about it. (I live in Mumbai, and the charging infra here is nowhere close to that of Bangalore or Kerala).

I understand that ramping up the grid is going to take time and I am not denying the fact that Ather is already ahead when compared to its competitors (a reason why I even bought Ather), but this issue is valid. So just thought of pointing it out.

9 Likes

I was really hoping they will fix the Google maps orientation bug. But looks like the team decided not to prioritize it.

Does anyone face the same issue or is it only me? Like when you are in navigation mode in maps, the orientation goes crazy which makes impossible to navigate with.

15 Likes

I wonā€™t be able to do this after the new update. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Nice hack though. Itā€™s gonna charge by the same speed and you gonna carry portable on long rides anyway. But not the solution, as others mentioned, why it canā€™t be unlocked with charging continued? @abhishek.balaji

I donā€™t know how but I never faced a single issue with navigation in 2 years.

9 Likes

Thanks for this to stop mis use but I stay in outskirts and used 5 times in 2 years but need 100% charge so how should I get to it then as nearest grid is 13km away.

6 Likes

I would say it would be nice instead of cutting off the charging at 80 percent, let the scooter get charged but the grid should be listed as available in Ather map and there should be a button showing for charger lock release once their scooter reached 80 percent. Does the scooter have a compass? I have noticed that the map is not rotating according to turns properly.

11 Likes

Bro I bought this bike for myself not thinking about others and mainly because of grid system but now they have suddenly changing the grid rules saying equality, also it was not told while buying. You know, instead of building new ones, they want to put force on users. Everyone has their opinion. Letā€™s see how many days this will goes on. Every thing will be removed When competition builds up.

8 Likes

You have valid points from your perspective. But doing something for equality is goodā€¦ right. A change which can benefit larger community is good move in my opinion. They are building new onesā€¦ they got largest grid network in India as of now. A move which encourages more effective use of grid network should be supported.

9 Likes

Totally agree bro but Ather should refund some amount in my casešŸ˜‚. Luckily in my village, many people in this week interested to buy Ather and you should believe me, I encouraged them to buy and showed all demo and everything. now that ainā€™t gone happen. Better not buy electric for some time untill we get some these kind of updates passes to end user. Especially people like us who are staying more than 120km from service centre.

6 Likes

Challenges of being early adopter of new evolving technology :grinning:

7 Likes

You cannot satisfy every one, I do agree. I thought Ather would plan something different but they are in different mood. I think bhavish Agarwal is working silently behind thisšŸ˜‚. Anyway I have to plan the ride and test once after update. Good nightā€¦

2 Likes

During road trippingā€¦ safe charging would be close to 85 to 90%

13 Likes

Not yet resolved network issues no internet at vehicle couldnā€™t see ride status on app and will not got any details because of the network issue please resolve

9 Likes

No Auto theme skipped again :persevere:, please kindly work on it

9 Likes

Not sure who is the brain behind these updates but this might be a temporary patch but itā€™s definitely not a solution that Iā€™m looking forward to.

Charging shouldnā€™t stop at 80%, it should continue but the lock should be released in order to help someone in need. Many people like me are dependent on grid charging and have no access to dot because of society restrictions, for them it is a horrible update which basically reduced their battery life by 20% Iā€™m going in Incognito mode to bypass this forced upgrade!

10 Likes

Got the update & thanks to entire team.

8 Likes

Just unlock the connecter at 80% but dont stop the charge. If someone wants the charger they will unplug.

Unnecessarily stopping the charge wont solve anything. Let the connector unlock at 80%. Everyone will be happy

9 Likes

use the portable charger, using grid everyday was anyways detrimental to the scooters health

10 Likes