🚀 Atherstack 5.3 (Gen 2 and 3)

Unlocking at 80% has its benefits. Doing it as 90% will be more like doing at 100%.

15 Likes

Nope…It would still save 30mins…For Gen 3 customers there would be no issue think of Gen 2…

24 Likes

Horrible update for me. I need atleast 100km to reach home from grid but now won’t be possible at 80% lock. I think my choice with Ather proving wrong. Instead of making grids, locking the charge is worst plan I have seen. I will be soon posting my Ather in resell section and moving to different one.

28 Likes

Wait for some time bro!!Maybe if they start monetizing grids everything will get resolved…But until then :smiling_face_with_tear: fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:…

19 Likes

We hear you. But think about community. So many people suffer due this ever locking thing. This change will benefit so many people. Unfortunately it’s not working out in your case.

22 Likes

Carry your portable charger with you and use the 16a top socket beside the grid when no one is around to charge the scooter

21 Likes

One more thing should be there is Dashboard Font size be bigger as we have to focus to see time and all and chances of loosing focus from road is easy and dangerous. Previous one was too good…

16 Likes

I have a Dot charger. And I don’t plan on doing regular long rides tbh. So I can deal with this update. The concern was more from a general perspective.

16 Likes

I get your point, it makes sense. But most of North India has a poor Grid connectivity and there’s no two ways about it. (I live in Mumbai, and the charging infra here is nowhere close to that of Bangalore or Kerala).

I understand that ramping up the grid is going to take time and I am not denying the fact that Ather is already ahead when compared to its competitors (a reason why I even bought Ather), but this issue is valid. So just thought of pointing it out.

9 Likes

I was really hoping they will fix the Google maps orientation bug. But looks like the team decided not to prioritize it.

Does anyone face the same issue or is it only me? Like when you are in navigation mode in maps, the orientation goes crazy which makes impossible to navigate with.

15 Likes

I won’t be able to do this after the new update. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Nice hack though. It’s gonna charge by the same speed and you gonna carry portable on long rides anyway. But not the solution, as others mentioned, why it can’t be unlocked with charging continued? @abhishek.balaji

I don’t know how but I never faced a single issue with navigation in 2 years.

9 Likes

Thanks for this to stop mis use but I stay in outskirts and used 5 times in 2 years but need 100% charge so how should I get to it then as nearest grid is 13km away.

6 Likes

I would say it would be nice instead of cutting off the charging at 80 percent, let the scooter get charged but the grid should be listed as available in Ather map and there should be a button showing for charger lock release once their scooter reached 80 percent. Does the scooter have a compass? I have noticed that the map is not rotating according to turns properly.

11 Likes

Bro I bought this bike for myself not thinking about others and mainly because of grid system but now they have suddenly changing the grid rules saying equality, also it was not told while buying. You know, instead of building new ones, they want to put force on users. Everyone has their opinion. Let’s see how many days this will goes on. Every thing will be removed When competition builds up.

8 Likes

You have valid points from your perspective. But doing something for equality is good… right. A change which can benefit larger community is good move in my opinion. They are building new ones… they got largest grid network in India as of now. A move which encourages more effective use of grid network should be supported.

9 Likes

Totally agree bro but Ather should refund some amount in my case😂. Luckily in my village, many people in this week interested to buy Ather and you should believe me, I encouraged them to buy and showed all demo and everything. now that ain’t gone happen. Better not buy electric for some time untill we get some these kind of updates passes to end user. Especially people like us who are staying more than 120km from service centre.

6 Likes

Challenges of being early adopter of new evolving technology :grinning:

7 Likes

You cannot satisfy every one, I do agree. I thought Ather would plan something different but they are in different mood. I think bhavish Agarwal is working silently behind this😂. Anyway I have to plan the ride and test once after update. Good night…

2 Likes

During road tripping… safe charging would be close to 85 to 90%

13 Likes

Not yet resolved network issues no internet at vehicle couldn’t see ride status on app and will not got any details because of the network issue please resolve

9 Likes