AtherGrid Locations

In Bangalore, there have been some issues related to power fluctuations damaging some of the equipment there, and we are working on repairing or replacing these units. We expect these issues to be resolved in the next 10 days. We’ll share a comprehensive update, once these fixes have been implemented.

Note: Please ensure you check the Ather app for the availability of the Ather Grid point before you go there directly.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Portable charger Not working

Abhishek Balaji,

For a simple matter on charging the vehicle, I am addressing it seriously and also underwent humiliation. So I’m demanding removal of the charging unit so that other fellow Ather riders need not undergo the same. Check my post above and also Google Maps review…few other people have also complained on the same. I am sure there are many people who would’ve undergone which they have not addressed.

Check data on how many Ather vehicles have repeatedly visited this place for charging and it’s duration.

The Landlord doesn’t deserve Ather riders to come and dine at his rented units.

I am not SHAMELESS to visit again to do any experiment and come back and let you know.

Abhishek Balaji, If you can’t handle my demand of removal of charging unit from this place, then pass it on to your superiors or give me the contact details.

While your demand may seem valid from your perspective, it may not be practical to remove that charging point. As stated in his previous update, Ather CI team has spoken to the location and they have assured that the message will be passed on to all staff on that property.

I volunteer to visit that location this weekend and see if the attitude has changed. Lets give the property and Ather a chance to resolve things.

11 Likes

kindly update us on your experience post visit. I wish everything is resolved and we will have a positive feedback

Why is there only one Grid point in southern part of Bengaluru? From Silk board to Attibele it should be minimum 4 grid points. My suggestions are 1st in SilkBoard, 2nd-Kudlu, 3 - ECity highway, 4th in Bommasandra or Chandapura. Try to implement charging stations on these.

@abhishek.balaji. Can you consider this request? It is a must needed charging infrastructure on this route. SilkBoard to Attibele have one of the major IT corridor in the city ( Electronics City phase 1 and Phase 2). It is unfair for having only one grid in this route.

1 Like

Apologies, something urgent came up and I am not in a position to make that audit this weekend. Hopefully can get it done next weekend.

Yes please do so…

@abhishek.balaji Any update on this? Try to respond. Why are we in forum…to discuss and give suggestions.

Don’t know what will be Ather’s response on this but If I see the current charging grid points, they are all in cafes, restaurants and other such places where people could get together and spend some time. This enabled the users to spend some time doing something else other than just waiting for the scooter to charge (waiting can get really irritating). This also would give the opportunity to the host to make some business. even with this, getting businesses to host a grid point was difficult. With many businesses closing down and people not meeting as much as they were in the pre-covid days, getting businesses to host a grid point would be all the more difficult.

Your suggestion of having 4 charging points in a span of 10-15kms of the same road looks wonderful but I don’t think we will get there any soon! Especially when there are so many other areas with much lesser grid points But with Ather’s factory coming up in Hosur, we can still hope to get it.

3 Likes

What @hemanth.anand said is accurate. While we read all feedback and suggestions, it’s not possible for me to respond to each person or query. Rest assured, when the Ather Grid team is looking for new locations to install grid points, they do consider the asks from the forum as well.

1 Like

Silk Board to Attibele route covers 23 Km. It is a must needed after covid Situation. Present times may not bring grids I know about that. once IT guys come back, only one grid will not be sufficient. No point in talking about the business now, its about creating charging infrastructure for the future and also for company’s profit. Ather still need to focus on Charging infrastructure facility. They are operating in Bengaluru and hosur road is part of Bengaluru only. They should focus on that area too.

2 Likes

I was talking about Silk Board to Bommasandra which is ~15kms.

I do agree that more people may choose personal transport demand for more grid points will grow, but I don’t know when we will return back in full force. By the way, I form part of the IT group you are talking about and work in the same location that you’re referring to.

Ideally you are right, but very few businesses will be interested to host a grid point at their premises when they don’t see any benefit to them in return. If you know any such location who are interested in hosting, Connect them to Ather and hopefully everyone of us will be able to get benefits.

Definitely agree with you. Not just Hosur road, South Bengaluru in general has less grid points. Why just South Bengaluru, The whole of Bengaluru and even Chennai isn’t getting grids as was told at the launch. We should get more for sure.

Ather may have to rethink their conditions to setup a Grid point. Situation has changed and they may have to install grid points in places other than cafes and restaurants type of locations too.

3 Likes

Sorry @abhishek.balaji. it is your responsibility or team responsibility to revert back for the valid point , concern , issue or Suggestions. I think that is the use of Forum and you people are not getting 1000 queries in a day . You people must respect the view of owner suggestion. I am really disappointed with the way you replied for the suggestion. I just gave suggestion on Ather grids and i did not gave complaints.

3 Likes

Hey @arulsharwan,

My sincere apologies if that came across the wrong way. I can assure you that me + a lot of team members from Ather read the forum everyday, and this is the right space for you to share feedback, suggestions and concerns. Your suggestions on the Grid points are definitely valid, and we will consider them when the team is looking to expand the Ather Grid locations.

Hello Abhishek, Today I have been to electronic city to charge my flight 2969, but the grid was not working, it was showing 1 is available among 2 but the when I plugged in it was showing not charging, I tried for 10 minutes and left the place, later I charged in Jayanagar grid.

I agree with you, you are right…

I think Abhishek’s response was very polite and honest. He did clearly mention that it’s humanely not possible to respond to every message on the forum.

And, the primary function of the forum is to discuss, debate and share viewpoints about Ather and other related topics of interest. This forum is not an official support channel for connecting with staff at Ather.

And just putting it out there. Abhishek was an Ather Owner before he became an Ather Employee. He has been on the either side of the fence and there is no one better who understands both sides.

7 Likes

Hope this changes after the Pan-India agreement with Sangeetha mobiles. I hope that gets the new chargers rolling. Would love to see more grids coming up since I could rarely ever really utilise the Ather Grid in its present distribution and locations. I thought the point of giving us free grid charging for so long was so that we understand how it works and see if it works for us before choosing a plan. But I don’t think that worked for everyone since the grid is almost exactly been the same since I got my scooter a year back.

Hi ,

I am telling about ATHER charging grids, I have visited ur 3 grids ,but unfortunately not working grids are, one is MOTO STORE CAFE HALASOOR and another INFINITEA CAFE NEAR ESI HOSPITAL,but then I went NATURE BASKET SANKEY ROAD, this also fast charging not working only slowly charged my vehicle…we never expected such these,finally I came wit my vehicle ur indiranagar showroom,luckily all are being working, I get charged my vehicle,i am expecting upgraded ur services at ur grids.

Thank you