AtherGrid Locations

Good idea Anangh.
Also each existing grid point in south bangalore can have 2-3 Charging points rather than 1 is what i feel.

1 Like

@Ather.Team surprised to hear charging points not working… Even my colleague reported the same about the charging point near Forum Value mall. I thought it was one off.

You cannot expect some one to visit a charging grid and after they realise that it is not working and then report the issue so that you can fix it… That should be a very rare scenario.

Ideally, it should be proactive. The host should check it periodically (at least once in a day) and also your system should know that grid point is working or not.

Because people go to grid only because they are low on charge. So after spending the remaining charge to go to a grid point and then realise it does not work does not bring a good experience at all.

When compared to 3 months earlier, the number of Athers on road is multifold. So please work on some practical solution rather than depending on users reporting it… which is impractical

7 Likes

The one is kasturba road, installed in kiviraj bajaj not working.

if there is a provision to share home charging points with others, tat would really help

Is the Grid at ELCIA working? wanted to take a full nice road ride this week. If its not working, I’ll surely be stranded.

Hi @prasathvishnu,
I totally understand your concern. AtherGrid is often used in distress, and hence should be extremely reliable, but unlike your 450, the AtherGrid does not work in isolation, it is highly dependent on how the Power Supply in that area, at that time also. Power quality of our grids is a much bigger national problem.

Let me tell you the way we monitor our systems at Ather:

1. The health of a public systems is monitored every 30 sec. It is done by receiving packets of data called “Heart beats”. So we monitor it proactively and the system triggers alarms automatically, but monitoring also has it’s limitation, i.e. if there is a power cut (very common) the system can’t tell me the difference between that and the RCCB trip due to fluctuation because in both the cases the symptom is the same. So we monitor the location for 2 hours before triggering a service request.

2. You must have noticed a spike in systems being down in the last few months, that is because its the Monsoon season and the power supply in the whole city is erratic. We at Ather observed this last year too as the AtherGrid was launched in May but Ather Vehicle hit the road only by September. We learnt a lot from it the last year and took some preventive action already i.e the earth pit is washed out every Monsoon, so at our host location we are monitoring the earth pit and topping it up with brine wherever required.

3. Some of the errors which occur due to the fluctuation in the power supply can be addressed in the field but for some we need to get the system back to our labs, which then can’t be replaced rapidly. But we do mark that system unavailable on the app and dashboard so that people go to alternate locations in case of need.

4. We are working on increasing the density of charging stations everywhere, but it is not easy to do so, because of a really long list of problems, the most prominent among them being lack of legal parking at these locations. Most of the restaurants , cafe and stores also have street parking hence we cant access that.

5. Lastly, I would like to add, that even after all this, if a person gets stuck and is totally out of charge, we do come at the earliest and solve the problem for him or her anywhere in Bangalore, at any hour of the day. But for that, the person has to reach us through the right channel, which is Customer Support.

Also would like to urge all the active users to give suggestions and inputs for the stuff that can not be monitored for example the accessibility of a location can not be monitored at all times. If we know the “Exact Problem” then it becomes very easy to solve it.

12 Likes

Hi @AnaghDeshpande,
The CI at ELCIA is being used regularly in the last few weeks. You can drive down here.

1 Like

Hi @santhosh.santy,
That could have been a power cut as the station does not have DG backup.

Hey @AnaghDeshpande,
We are working towards getting more Ather Grid locations in west Bangalore. You will soon see Points in Malleshwaram (The Bangalore Bakery) and Rajajinagar (Orion Mall - in advanced discussion).

11 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. The Bangalore bakery is a really good place for a grid location. And if Orion mall gets a grid location like the one at Phoenix market city. Most riders in this part of the city are sorted.

6 Likes

Ah. Finally. Orion mall. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Nice to know about updates of more points. :+1:

Any updates on south east Bangalore esp. JP Nagar, BTM, Silk Board to Marathahalli section.
It badly lacks the grid points. :thinking:
I’ve seen number of users too increasing.

3 Likes

@nishant.dk caf eleven pod in banashankari is not working since many days what steps have u taken , y it is taking so much time

Have they installed grid in orion mall

It’s in –

Nishant, thanks for the detailed update. Glad you understood the problem and many things are in place already.

If the systems are getting checked every 30 seconds and still users often find it the charging point not working, it needs some change isn’t it?

I mean if the user can find that not working then it should be known to Ather by some other means. If technical way still is unreliable, until then a manual check by Ather staff or host should be done.

1 Like

@nishant.dk why not mantri square Mall??

2 Likes

How about Metro station parking???

1 Like

I’d never take my ather and park it in metro station parking. I’ll keep thinking about it the whole day. :joy:

6 Likes

True, for that matter any crowded parking… My kids school parking is scary place to park in noon during pickup :smiley: