Ather Service issues

Subject: Escalation – Repeated Issues and Suspected Misdiagnosis by Service Center (Ather 450)

I have been using an Ather 450 since 2020. I am writing to formally raise a concern regarding the repeated issues and questionable service experience at your service center.

In October, during a periodic service, I was advised to replace the primary and secondary belts at a cost of approximately ₹4,000. Post service, the vehicle started producing unusual noise. When I raised this concern, I was informed that the noise would subside over time as the parts “settle,” which did not happen.

By March, the noise had significantly increased. I revisited the same service center, where I was advised to replace the wheel pulley and motor pulley, costing around ₹4,500. Trusting the diagnosis, I proceeded with the replacement.

However, after this service, the very next day the situation worsened:

The noise has increased further

The vehicle shows a “Low Power Mode” error

The scooter stops abruptly while in use, raising serious safety concerns

When I questioned this, I was informed that there is a short circuit issue, and I was advised to replace the entire wiring system at an estimated cost of ₹21,000.

This sequence of events raises serious concerns:

The vehicle was functioning without these critical issues prior to the recent services.

Problems have escalated only after multiple paid repairs.

The diagnosis appears inconsistent and progressively expensive, without resolving the root cause.

I have already raised and escalated a case with Ather Energy support, but I have not received a satisfactory resolution so far.

I request:

A detailed technical inspection by a senior/independent expert

A clear root cause analysis report

Accountability for repeated misdiagnosis and unnecessary replacements

A fair resolution without further unjustified costs

If this issue is not addressed promptly, I will be compelled to escalate this matter further through appropriate consumer grievance channels

Both ASCs and Ather doing trial-and-error repairs rather than proper diagnostics.

  • Belt tension is checked by hand, not with a sonic gauge.?
  • Warranty-period reports? “All is good.” Post-warranty? Everything’s suddenly “urgent and essential.” It’s almost comical.

This isn’t service; it’s guesswork that worsens problems and racks up costs.

lil off topic but I was on my way to casual weekend ride just 6kms away from home and the scooter horn started beeping with a critical battery temperature error on display in full-screen and before i could stop and read the error the scopter fully shut down, now it just horns even when plugged to charger, its completely dead. has anyone faced this?

What is the update bro?

Visited service center?

gonna arrange towing myself for SC as its 70kms away visiting on saturday

What is the update bro?

Title: URGENT: 51km left on Warranty - Ambattur Service Center stalling my claim (Ticket #[Your Ticket No])

Body:

I am in a critical situation and need the Ather moderators to intervene.

My display was damaged by water entry at the Ambattur Service Center. The staff admitted it was their fault and the manager asked me to close my official ticket, promising a “free replacement” internally.

It has been 10 days of silence. I am now at 29,949 km. My warranty expires in 51 kilometers.

I have voice recordings of the service team admitting the fault. I have photos of the damage. I have sent multiple emails to customercare@atherenergy.com with no human response.

It feels like I am being intentionally stalled so my warranty expires. I need a Job Card opened today at 29,949 km to freeze my warranty status.

Can any moderator help me get in touch with a Regional Service Manager?

Hi Kiran, we’ve got your back! Please DM us your Case ID or registered contact details. We’re here to make sure everything gets sorted out smoothly and swiftly.

I had a same issue with belt and pully sound issue paid hefty bill 04/05/2026 and after six days back to the serive center on 11/05/2026 with the same issue, let see what resloution or i need to pay going on.

I agree with multiple emails to customercare@atherenergy.com with no human response, yes this is correct i have the issue with the name and phone no change 15 emails and 7 days passed no resolution on my query.

My Ather suddenly went into complete dead mode immediately after a recent service, and the vehicle became totally unusable. Currently awaiting a detailed diagnosis from the service team.

I’ve requested:

• Error codes and diagnostic findings

• Battery health report

• Details of checks done during the previous service

• Root cause analysis

• Clarification on whether it’s a software, hardware, or connection-related issue

A vehicle suddenly becoming non-responsive immediately after service is not just inconvenient — it’s a serious customer reliability and safety concern. I genuinely hope the Ather technical team investigates this thoroughly and identifies the exact root cause, not only to resolve my issue but also to help avoid similar incidents for other owners in the community.

Please help me how to escalate this issue

My Ather Energy complete 9 month service center nangli sakrkawati anil par action karo complaint again again service ceo tarun mehta ji

Very bad experience in my new scooter, I have purchased new bike and after 5 days propack not active and then bike was diagnose and he said display problem very bad experience in my new bike

I just want to understand why Ather support ignore our issue. Also when we call support they are not aware of the status of our issue.

My scooter is having persistent charger issue and it’s been 6 days there was no solution for the issue. Even the person appointed for this issue ignored emails, also they promised to call back but there was no call back even after a reminder email. Since I raised my issue I was taking continuous follow up over email but there was no reply is this not a clear ignorance.

Please improve your service and the support people as the reason I buyed this Ather scooter by keeping trust in product and after sales service i thought I would get.

My ticket: 102036368

Ather 450x HR