I was one of the lucky few who got a chance to try out Ather’s new seat cover and here are my thoughts on it:
Once contacted by the Ather team, it took about a month for the actual installation to take place. I went to Ather’s Hassan SC to get the seat cover installed and it turned out to be rather simple. The seat cover straps in with the help of a velcro and fits snugly.
- The quality of the material is great and I found no issues with it after using it for over a month.
- The variant which I got (there’s 3 different variants iirc) offered better grip and the problem with the stock seats of pushing the rider down whenever one hit the breaks was alleviated by quite a bit to my delight.
- The aesthetics of the seat cover are a lot better than what’s available online/offline and increases the overall appeal of the vehicle. In fact, I had quite a few Ather owners ask me about the seat cover impromptu.
- You need to put a little more effort to lock the boot since the seat cover is quite thick.
- The price might seem a little steep but I’ll give that a pass considering the quality.