Ather new model feature requests

Can we exchange the current Ather 450x with new features and color that you are implementing if yes that will be so awesome and cool because Ather is always cool and awesome to ride these features.

3 Likes

Hi @abhishek.balaji ! Would you be able to share some tentative timeline on this new model’s launch - later this year/early next year? In all transparency, I have a booking for the 450X but would love to make an informed decision on the 450X Vs the new model. Any pointers on this will be very helpful! Thanks much!

1 Like

i know not available but any update to start this color production start any update. ?

NVH needs major improvements. Seat needs a redesign. Floorboard needs to be wider. The skinny tyres need to go.

1 Like

And break lever lock might be needed when stopping the vehicle at Traffic signals for longer time

2 Likes

I think there should be more color option. My favourite would be Metallic Silver or Red

4 Likes

I would suggest the following

1. The range of the scooter to be atleast more than 100 kms.
  2. Include basic accessories in the package like floor mats or rain covers
  3. Possibly newer colours like red, Blue etc
  4. Center stand for bikes
2 Likes

What advantages does MMI have over Google maps? In my (limited) experience, it had very little information compared to Google maps. Did that change?

While we are on the topic, I would much like to see Open street maps integration for battery privacy.

Why does it seem like people outside know about the Ather’s new model than the folks on the forum. I haven’t seen a single thing being said about the new vehicle by @tarun or @abhishek.balaji yet on this forum and people outside are already talking about specs and release dates.

What is happening?

5 Likes

It is not yet officially announced ao Ather team won’t talk about it. Since there are several leaks and unofficial info from Ather people outside are talking.

Since forum is an official platform they won’t comment.

2 Likes

Yes I agree but when many articles are quoting 11th July as launch date and many in this forum were eagerly waiting for the same. Atleast Ather team can say its not true and launch date is not yet decided.

2 Likes

No launch today :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It is happening today! You can go and check some of the automobile reviewers. They have posted images that they are at launch.

Bro please send some links and name on which channels website the launch pictures are there

Check PowerDrift instagram channel, and their stories.

I have checked their Instagram but they only have one story stating 450x launching only that story not pics nothing else

Yeah, at least now we know that it is happening today. So lets wait for the official update from Ather.

Not sure why Ather has to have soo much of privacy regarding this :confused:

1 Like

Hm why Ather is delaying lauch it asap on their Twitter and Instagram handles with full details of it why they are delaying it :smiling_face_with_tear:

The event is on as posted by mods

1 Like

Nope, hasn’t changed significantly enough to warrant an outright shift :slight_smile:

Having said that, MMI is on the right track now with what it’s doing. Considering Ather does not get real-time traffic flows and a few other features considered to be Google Maps’ biggest assets, and at the same time has some gaps like having enough feet on the ground (while MMI has a team of 400+ surveyors collecting data across India), we aren’t losing a lot with the switch. MMI has recently been making the right noises, what with NaviMaps GPS Navigation, its ISRO collaboration, and now Mappls.

While of course this is a personal take, it continues to be that the time is right to seriously start exploring MMI and explore ways to seamlessly integrate the ability for a user to search for a location on Google Maps, and share it with Ather, which then loads it on MMI using coordinates.

All said and done, this is not going to be a completely new idea either, if Ather decides to explore it. As this article states,

Today, MapMyIndia has a 90 percent share in the automotive space and counts top automakers such as BMW, Tata, Honda and Toyota as its clients. It also works with startups such as ride-hailing firm Ola, digital payments major PhonePe and cycle-sharing platform Yulu as well as government organisations like the Central Board of Direct Taxes for their mapping product.

3 Likes