Ather motor

Hi what would be the replacement cost of Ather motors and average time frame of replacement?

2 Likes

The replacement cost is officially unavailable and you can always shoot a mail to info@atherenergy.com for any doubts or visit your nearest showroom.

4 Likes

Once i heard that the motor costs same as the battery pack. Maybe around 45000-50000.

5 Likes

The expensive parts prices are now officially available.

Here

5 Likes

I was told that the Motor comes with a frame + Pulley + primary belt

3 Likes

Just some lies to bill the customer more money

3 Likes

This was told by the service manager. They are planning to change my Motor Under warranty.

2 Likes

3 Likes

replaced under warranty, what was the issue?

1 Like

Yes replaced under warranty. Issues was Motor is to not start in the morning. So the scooter was in the service center for testing for the back end team. They decided to replace the motor and i got the scooter back yesterday night after 15 days. Actual issue is when i take reverse from the parking area there is a slope so the scooter goes mores than 6KM speed in reverse which causes motor/controller to cutoff power may be due to reverse polarity. I had made the video of this and send it to service team. Previous motor was fine. Even with the new motor the same issue is still there.

3 Likes

Now the Motor number needs to be changed in the RTO website. As the old motor number is mentioned in the RC

3 Likes

So, you have a motor RPM issue, where when you back up from your parking area to the road which has an Incline which makes the Controller thinks that it has delivered too much power and cuts itself off to avoid the user from falling at a greater speed.

Still, it should now have been recognized by the team and should have made an adjustment in the motor bios since Ather already has a GYRO sensor it should have detected that.

I don’t think even after more replacements of the motor this will resolve, maybe a faulty controller?

something to look into @tarun if it was not thought in the motor controller settings

4 Likes

Actually its a manual reverse using my legs and i dont use that reverse mode of the scooter. It can be a safety feature where the controller / motor gets cutoff during reverse power / ground. But i am not sure if Ather team has considered this scenario. As its common sometimes to park the scooter in a high place and taking reverse back manually.

Now if Auto hold is active than this mite solve the issue.

some pics and videos of the slope. https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/manual-reverse-10km-speed-motor-wont-start/82975?u=puttalewis

3 Likes

I have a stepper slope in my parking and I reverse my bike the same way you do. I guess I should be very cautious now looking at the issue you’ve had. I’ve never observed the speedo meter in reverse though. I guess I need to check.

4 Likes

Couldn’t find a thread on Auto Hold so posting here.
Just saw someone showing off auto hold in their scooter on a steep incline and when they launched it as well I thought it’s a brilliant feature as well. Especially since it works on an upslope and a downslope and indefinitely. I was next to the scooter on my 10yr old Access 125 and I had my hands free as well and it was indefinite. And the feature has been around in the Activa for decades now. A small brake lock for the rear brake. It doesn’t use power you disengage by just slightly tapping on the brake lever. Probably the only place it(auto hold) does help is you don’t have the risk of sliding a few Cms back on a slope(hill hold sort of function) while starting and also skipped the step of engaging the brake when you stop but somehow I feel like this is a bit of an over engineered solution. Couldn’t they have just made a brake lock? Or am I missing something here? Can’t put a brake lock On a disc brake? Is that it ? I understand the advantage of a hill hold sort of feature but that’s not really a big issue on the Ather since there’s no power cutoff on using the brake.

5 Likes

I just remember the story of empty soap box.

3 Likes

Its a easy solution for Auto hold, But imagine changing all the Break levers for the existing customers would be a big task for Ather. So an easy fix is with the Software update.

Also Auto hold will be only available for New customers if it was with the Break Lever lock.

5 Likes

Only Gen3 scooters have it. They had to change the VCU. Not even Gen 2 have it. If they had a new lever even older ones would have the choice like then did with the rear view mirrors.

4 Likes

Ya exactly. At least for inclines a brake lock would have done the job but if the new VCU is helping in cruise control and advanced regen and this auto hold is an add on feature, then it’s well and good but it seems the other way around. Almost like they were trying to fix the brake lock issue and ended up also adding cruise control

1 Like

The new VCU allows better regen too. Gen 3 can use regen till 0km/h and it feels stronger. would allow the Advanced Regen Control too. and the stronger regen ability is also what helps in Autohold on declines i think (i could be wrong)

1 Like