Ather looting customers

Ather is looting customer on over priced parts… And parts are not worthy for paid amount. Durability is less

9 Likes

Ather’s labour cost gets me weak in knees as most of my Dominar 400 stuff is done free of cost if its small at bajaj.

this is just for replacing body panels,I can’t imagine the labour cost if they have to find any issue and spend time on the scooter

180Rs for installing mirrors is literally a joke,I tighten them myself every month cause they come loose after going through potholes someone pay me plz.

12 Likes

I found it very expensive too. LHS rear view mirror is 700₹ + 49₹ Labour. No over the counter sale also. Everyday it passes by i feel everyone is starting to hate Ather because of the pricing and after sales.

14 Likes

Over the counter sales should be available at all dealership, if someone denied you a sale, register a complaint at customercare@atherenergy.com

8 Likes

I can be completely wrong but the high cost might be due to the Single piece Aluminium parts which has higher manufacturing cost. It is very cheap to bend a round steel pipe and fit a mirror to it, but a cast or machined aluminium has to expensive due to manufacturing complexity.

5 Likes

One of the worse scooter ever made to only loot customers money.

2 Likes

Washing is free in Bhubaneshwar.

1 Like

Wait, so I can walk up and buy, say a mirror and replace it myself at home? I don’t need to pay the labour everytime?

2 Likes

Anti-trust Indian laws prevents monopoly, No dealer can play the game of only we can fix it. This was discussed in extreme length here in Chennai service meet. So yes, you should be able to walk into any Ather SC and ask for any replacement parts. If denied call CC right in front of them.

10 Likes

Awesome, thank you for sharing this. I haven’t come across this being discussed before on the forums.

Now we just need service manuals :grin:

7 Likes

This is depressing to see that Ather service plan has discontinued and that we have to pay for the parts which are so expensive and not available in local market.

My service is going to cost more than my petrol 4 wheeler. Then what is point of believing in Ather since 2015 when I was excited for it to come to mumbai !! I have been driving the vehicle for more than 2.5yrs now. This is costing me more than IC engine vehicle. PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THE SERVICE AND THE COST OF IT !!

2 Likes

Ather ENERGY is hell bent on not restoring the web portal for the Ather owners to access their details.

I have no other option, but to report a major glitch in the Ather APP. I am unable to find the below.

1. All payments made to Ather, right from the time 2500/- was paid as booking amount.
  2. Service invoices of all visits with corresponding kms to the service centre including the zero cost.

The above is important to keep track of total cost of ownership and running cost of the Ather 450x.

Having the savings tracker and documents on the dashboard may be an innovation, but get the basics right and please provide some transparency with regards to the payments, service history reports.

@abhishek.balaji

4 Likes

Dm me on Telegram I will share a way to get access

1 Like

why can’t you share here on the forum so others who want to use Ather desktop app can benefit?

1 Like

Because it will get patched.

2 Likes

Looting? Are They Stealing or What?

If We want Promot Service, We need to Pay the Price

Looting is not a Suitable Word