Ather long term maintenance and resale value

Hey, I have booked an Ather 450x and I am a bit anxious about the cost of ownership and resale value of EV vehicles (in Hyderabad). Can someone share an insight with actual figures on the below 3 parameters please?

1.) Ex showroom price of 450 plus and 450x is same, however the additional 19000/- performance package on 450x is not included in the ex showroommprice why? 2.) What is the actual resale value of Ather 450X after 3 years (post warranty completion)? Will anyone even buy a second hand EV vehicle in the first place? 3.) What is the resale value of Ather 450x, if the battery is in warranty (resale under 3 years) if the vehicle was purchased in 2022 and vehicle is in good condition, with low odometer reading and well maintained? I am assuming that no one will be willing to shell out 85000/- for a second hand Ather, they might instead go for Activa or Jupiter if they have that much money. 4.) What happens after 3 years of usage (lets say 10km use every day with one daily charge)? Will the EV battery start depleting and lose mileage year on year like a cellphone battery or will it continue to give 85km True mileage even after 5 years? 5.) Ather battery cost is 65000/-, after 3 to 4 years, we wouldnt even get scrap value for this bike Inguess, is that right?

Almost all of these answered in different threads and you may need to search the forum

It depends on the competition and EV market. With many Ather 450 which were bought for 1.15 to 1.3L are still fetching 80k to 90K. But, if a new similar product becomes available at 1.2L, the value for used will go down. No one can predict. But competition is catching up now more than 3 years before. So, you can expect max 60-70% value after 3 years.

Most Ather 450s who completed 3 years are still having battery health above 90%. If you check the latest Declassified, this information was re-iterated.

Battery replacement cost - At the time of Ather 450 launch, battery cost was 50k and it was estimated that a replacement battery will cost around 35k post 3 years. But, right now Ather battery cost is still quoted around 50k+ only. Why the price didn’t go down? This was asked many times and no definitive answer available. And, even if your battery health goes below 70%, it wont go for waste and Ather should actually give a decent value as apart of exchange.

3 Likes