Ather 450X - Kolkata Deliveries

@tarun, @abhishek.balaji If possible, please answer

1. Why is the PGL Ramji Group cancelled? Is it purely a business reason or any other issues related to our government?
  1. Location of EC will remain the same or will it change?
1 Like

@abhishek.balaji, With this disappointment news I had sent the mail for cancelling my booking. Hope this will be smooth and not to be delayed.

@abhishek.balaji, Can we please know what went wrong with Ather’s plans here? Is it because of elections? Is there insufficient demand from the city to setup operations? What are the next plans for Kolkata?

My order date is 14th January 2020 & delivery date was July-August 2020 which obviously got delayed due to covid-19. Along with that we had 2 more bookings from The Srimal’s extended family. For everyone to know the Showroom Location is below my office nothing has started as of NOW (6th April 2021). @abhishek.balaji @tarun let me know if you have any difficulty in finding a dealer setup to be done here in Kolkata. A friend with Pre-Owned superbike showroom was really interested long back. Please email for any further communication or you have my number registered with my booking no. #25607 as i am really bad on checking forum updates.

1 Like

That made me feel really really sad. :unamused: :sob: For consolation, really curious to know what the challenges are at this point of time for Ather.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to get the 2500 rs refund

The challenges is best known to @atherenergy1

i think they should delivery to probable customers directly in batches which is even economical to them atleast to customer who have pre-booked the series1. It seems we’ll have to celebrate booking anniversary soon :rofl: :sweat_smile: :joy:

1 Like

I think all the companies having high speed vehicle facing same problem that is registration. I called yesterday the dealer of Pure EV in Kolkata. They are facing same issue. I think it will be tough for Ather to find right dealer if the problem remains same. Pure EV dealer here in Kolkata selling high speed vehicle without registration.

1 Like

@blj.summi You mean 2nd booking anniversary?? :sweat_smile: Cause 1st booking is anniversary is already over in Jan.

@pkpaul04 So what is keeping Ather from communicating that? We can talk to the political representatives and even file for a PIL if such is the case. Registration of EVs is not new in WB. Mahindra EVs are getting registrations, so are the EV buses of WBSTC.

Earlier the problem of registration was for every EV but after several complaints from the companies I hope, Alapan Bandyopadhyay the then secretary (now the principal secretary) of the Transport Department took initiative for the registration of electric cars but the problem of high speed two wheeler remains the same.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata/state-lifts-halt-on-electric-car-registration-bookings-rise/articleshow/58663620.cms

I shall wait for another three months for Ather. If Ather fails then will go for a low speed EV.

The current location as of now. So dosen’t seem any ground work happening. Though we had an electric bike company opening a shop very close to it 2 weeks back by the name of SVITCH.

@abhishek.balaji & @tarun please do let us know what’s cooking-up, if really cant deliver should speak it up & own it up at least give a honest, transparent picture to your customers. We have shown our interest & trust by booking it, please accept & reciprocate by a communication which is ground reality.

2 Likes

Honestly, no update yet. COVID has obviously thrown a spanner in the operations, and assume all activities are on hold across cities, including expansion plans. We’ll have a better understanding in about 2-3 weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

its 3 weeks now…

Under current situation we should do nothing but forget it for the next 3 months at least. Being alive and healthy is my prayers for everyone now.

This is exactly things that I’m not looking for from such a promising brand. This is same as duping someone by taking an advance. You have entire media attention having investors like HERO & others which take cutomer satisfaction at utmost priority, but in your case this no customer satisfaction. @abhishek.balaji @tarun

There are other dealerships coming-up & yours was well planned (if it is really well planned) then why today your answer is no update ? @abhishek.balaji how smartly you said honestly, no update yet. please be honest here atleast. Don’t have double face & double standards here. After pre-booking of 1 year + if i get an answer of honestly, no update yet. I think I have at least got my answer for my future queries to your company & brand will give after I own one.

You have future models lined up is what we hear in press so let us know about the current models also, future is dependent on present.

Cheers !!

2 Likes

This is the reason I had cancelled my booking and I am happy that I have enjoyed riding another EV. Don’t worry brother, new EVs are coming up like Ola electric, Simple energy Mark 2 etc.

Just imagine, these people who declared to launch in Nov 2020 and they have no update yet.

They have big problem that they aren’t transparent to those pre-booked customers who waited for such a long time.

2 Likes

Just doing the monthly follow-up… Any updates on the delivery in CCU?

1 Like

1 Like

The silence from @ather is extremely disappointing. Ather is now operational in all the metro cities. Deliveries for Kolkata was announced to have started in the 1st list of 10 cities, but now Ather has started operating in some of the cities from the 2nd list as well. It is very difficult to understand what is preventing Ather from setting up their EC and start deliveries in Kolkata when they had it planned since Jan - 2020 and in the same difficult period over the last 1.5years, they managed to expand in the other cities.

More worrying information is that one of the forum member visited the only Ather Grid Point location being shown on the Ather Grid app currently and came to know that the land lord has not been receiving the rent of the charger installation for the last 6-8 months and he is planning to take down the charger from his premises. This shows that there has been absolutely no serious progress done in Kolkata.

Above photo was sent by the person who had visited the location.

Feeling extremely hopeless about the current situation. It seems this entire year will pass by as well.

2 Likes

Don’t ask any questions here. You won’t get any reply from them because their tails have become thick. Any person who has self respect should never ask any question here. Go for OLA.

1 Like