Ather 450X Discussions

Really? Interesting… I thought the average distance was somewhere close to 20 kms… as published in some Ather stats.

1 Like

saying Ather is priced at 1.13L is sort of misleading isn’t it? it’s actual price is 133658, which is what Ather gets, government is giving subsidy to keep the cost down.

2 Likes

Oops. Too many responses today. Fixed it.

Sir, There are many other cheaper EVs. Try all the EVs but non can compete with Ather because even Honda Active will be lost in crowd. There is definitely one suitable for you.

1 Like

I did mention on-road :smile:

Even if they release another model( especially if it’s 6 months down the line) I doubt it will be superior to 450x. It might be a simpler scooter with less functionality but at a way more affordable price. I doubt they will make a superior model to 450x at least for next 2 years(considering the time difference between the launch of 450 and 450x)

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji is a man with a mission today! :smiley:
Thanks for the update, can’t wait for them! And hopefully a fix for the GPS showing wrong locations on the app is on its way soon too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks @abhishek.balaji for your response. Is it possible for @Ather.Team to ensure the delivery priority is irrespective of the booking/billing address and treat all pre-orders priority based on their order date time and give option to customer to wait for launch in their own city or take delivery at a nearest serviceable city? atleast for those who pre-ordered before launch???

2 Likes

In which month we are expected a test drive of 450X pro @ ather space of chennai

Ather service no longer includes data charges? :frowning:

3 keys of his keyboard might stop working soon XD

It will. Ather Charge has unlimited public charging and Ather Service will have regular servicing included. Common to both:

• All connected services and data charges
  • Access to all future OTAs
  • Data storage and pipeline costs
1 Like

This make sense now why in this forum the owners are so worried of pricing of 450X ,

That’s not why the subscription exists. You don’t have to wait for the performance to degrade, to get your battery replaced. If you purchase upfront, you will get battery warranty of 3 years, unlimited kms. If the battery capacity goes under 70%, we swap it out under warranty.

Under the subscription, you don’t have to wait for it to dip below 70% to replace. If it goes below 80%, we replace anytime. It ensures that there’s consistent performance, and no compromise on the scooter at all. If you factor in the cost of replacement, every 2nd or 3rd year, that’s where the subscription starts to make sense. If you’re a light user who’s confident of using the battery for a long time, and don’t mind the minor degradation in performance, the upfront pricing is for you.

2 Likes

Some option will be available, however, we’re checking the technical and finacial feasibility of these upgrades. It won’t make sense if the upgrades cost more than what you’d have to pay to exchange your 450 for a 450X. We’ll announce the options soon, over the next few months.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji… I had posted this way before the ama events and before the clarified structure of the subscriptions were announced😂… Thank you… It makes sense much better now after all the doubts were clarified

Great, that’s good to hear…
Now, should I cancel my current 450X order or keep it active until then?

I think ather dont want to comment on this. I do agree that, Ather is trying to suck customers in name of subsciption. They will understand one day that they are trying to sell scooters to people in India not to america. Hope everybody read the release of Nexon car, MG car and yet to release electric car. Even cars which give a mileage of 200km/charge costs only 7-8lakhs without any subscription charges.Ather team told that they incur high loss with selling of Ather 450. But they did understand that they are going to even more loss and lose market with release of high funda scooter like Ather 450x. @Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji

It will last 8-9 years, if you’re a light user. In this case, it would make more sense to go for the upfront purchase option rather than the subscription. We call them performance packs, since they assure consistent performance throughout the lifetime. You won’t have to wait for the battery pack to degrade to a state where the performance and range become unsuable. If the battery health dips below 80%, we replace it and your scooter performs as new :slight_smile:

To answer the comparisons with tesla and 4 wheeler EVs, they have a massive battery pack and much longer range. When you have longer range in EV cars like the tesla, they’re less likely to be charged and discharged completely. This increases the life of the battery and hence are able to provide the warranty.

There are also two different kinds of warranty - warranty against failure and against reduced capacity. Further, they’re able to offer this kind of warranty because they have a large buffer between the installed capacity and the usable capacity.

While the battery pack of the 450 and 450X have similar buffers, they are nowhere close to the buffer found in much larger battery packs. The Ather 450 and 450X are also designed to be used within city and for daily commute, so you’re more likely to discharge and charge completely.

1 Like

Bluetooth access along with the other hardware, fast charging speed, range etc is not just about enabling the hardware, but there’s a lot of software development and maintenance costs that go into it. Today, both the Plus and Pro have the same hardware, and the subscription plan allows you the flexibility of choosing either based on your usage. Enabling higher torque, more range, and more power on the scooter does make an impact on the battery, even if it’s minor, and this has an impact on the cost.

In the future, if there’s enough demand for the Plus variant, we’ll consider differential hardware between the Plus and Pro, to further drive down costs. This practice is actually pretty common in the auto industry.

That is certainly not the intention. At this point, the hardware for both the Plus and Pro are the same, since it simplifies production. In the future, if there’s enough demand for the Plus variant, we’ll consider having hardware differences to further drive down costs. It’s pretty common in the auto industry especially, where the top end variant has all the features, and there are subsequent variants created with minor hardware differences, and software controlling features. This enables OEMs to streamline manufacturing and support.

Further, if you go for the subscription performance packs, you have the flexibility to pay for the features you use.

2 Likes