Ather 450X Discussions

I am thinking to buy a 160 cc bike with abs,fi,disc for 1 lakh and subcription(fuel) plan of 1500/month to petrol pump, reserving 500/ month for future service :wink:

4 Likes

Things that I care:

1. Need a better EV that can go fast compared to other ev and give better range than petrol scooter. (yes ather does both)
  2. Price even though higher slightly than ICE scooters I am ok to go for it.
  3. Since it is not an ICE scooter I cannot take it outside city or top up battery instantly like ICE scooter I will not take it outside chargeable area. Due to this ather is only for city commute.
    so I am not going to take it outside city.
  4. Zooming off in the signals with better torque compared to ICE is no good for me. After zooming past the petrol bikes there is always another signal in shorter distance inside city and it is of no difference in saving 0.6 second when comparing 450,450x plus and 450x pro.
  5. Improved battery efficiency and capacity gives better range is the only advantage but then it is only in 450xpro. Party crashed

As far as my use is concerned I will charge most of the time at home only. So I am least concerned about public charging and fast charging. I would say detach the clubbing of services from the plans. Let us select what we want. Considering my usage I need home charging solution, vehicle service, ota updates. I am least cared about the connected services like navigation or attending calls from the dashboard, Bluetooth or such fancy stuffs. Scooter is more of a commute vehicle rather than fancy gadget.
Give me a better subscription plan with home charging, vehicle service, ota updates and improving ride based on data collected. Stressing again there must be some alternate way of improving scooter with collected data from individual ride. Like connect scooter to home wifi to run improvements. Plans must be made based on each class of riders. Not based on only the power users who drive more KM per day and push the scooter to limits. Any way we are not looking for a racing machine as an ev adopter. All we need is a better scooter with better speed and range. As far as battery is concerned technological advancements is going to improve batter and reduce manufacturing cost. 3 or 4 years down the line these things will come down in price. Lets see what can we do to replace battery at the end of 4 years rather than paying premium from day 1 for infinite battery care. As a potential buyer I want ather as a company to succeed and pivot themselves as a forerunner in setting an example for other companies who are thinking to adopt ev.

5 Likes

What will happen if Ather tomorrow decides to increase a subscription fee RS 1999 to whatever price it suits them at that point of time we will be forced to pay that money or keep our scooters home as without the subscription it will not work can someone from the team clarify this

5 Likes

Is the infinite battery warranty is only for those who opt monthly subscriptions or includes who buys upfront of 1.6L

The price on the website includes subsidy. Itā€™s 10k per KWh or 20% of ex-factory capped at ā‚¹1.5lakh.

Only for those on a subscription pack.

I heard Ather is making budget friendly vehicle couple of months ago ā€¦ I couldnā€™t guess that they will make existing vehicle budget friendly by introducing costly option :rofl:

Anyway ā€¦ jokes apart
Everything they mentioned during unveil is praiseworthy ! literally ā€¦ think of a manufacturer who is providing (or even thinking) of such a features at this time of emerging tech. in EV ā€¦ NONE ! ā€¦ established players are just outsourcing or copying
Only part they have broken is heart of a Budget friendly average indian guy/gal.
Please understand this ā€¦ you are paying for ā€œPremium Productā€ ā€¦ those who can afford will go and buy it obviously, those who can not will just curse Ather in any way. If you donā€™t have budget, please buy other EV and stay away from Ather ā€¦ as simple as that !
As existing 450 customer, I am fully satisfied for what i have paid for and what iā€™m getting (3 months = zero issues) and in future when ather comes up with upgrade package for existing customers i will sure give it a shot.
way to go @Ather.Team cheers

8 Likes

At here am i read few comments as like people are pissed off as 450X is now out of their reach or you need a general scooter and 450x is a gadget bla bla bla, Treat it as a separate vehicle which is not for grocery run and not to pick up and drop your kids and its a free market go buy anything yo want , Accepted i can say it other way round as well Ather is free to choose their customer segment its up to them whom they want to sell , However stop bench marking it with Indiaā€™s most popular scooter, Tell your customer that we are creating a product which isnā€™t for the masses and we will sell it at a premium price tag that sums up everything.

The people who are complaining here have invested their interest time and trust over Ather , Many havenā€™t even test rode the 450ā€™s even once or may be not even seen the scooter in real , Ather is loosing all those customerā€™s , As a OEM i donā€™t care if i loose certain customers , However as a startup every customer counts, there trust and belief in your business model is the key to your success, I think Ather has miserably failed on that noteā€¦ And yeah money isnā€™t much of a factor too as anyone out there for 450X certainly know it will be priced something above current 450 so extra 20-25 k doesnā€™t matter for a customer who is ready to pay above 1.13 L its the value proportion which is not visible to spend that extra 25k and keep paying that subscriptionā€¦

Also Imagine Ather says current 450 owners start paying monthly 2k and your battery and connectivity is on us , pay for public charge and service extra as well , Will that work ? It wonā€™t be easy to swallow right ? Thatā€™s whats happening with 450X pricing + Subscription is a clear greedy step which is not providing any value to end customer.

9 Likes

Oh, isnā€™t it AND, both conditions?

This was my understanding from Day 1. If that not right, then I stand corrected.

1 Like

Ok not a problem. Subsidy Capping is 20%. Subsidy Eligibility is 1.5 lacs

Well, saw a lot of post about android OS on forum.
My view is Ather should have maintained their propriety OS/UI because Android is susceptible to hacks, specially as Ather is a connected scooter. A vehicle being hacked is not a good thing as, may be in rare cases, but definitely can be used to cause accidents. In case of professional hackers, it can even lead to mass attack/accidents.
Well, I am not a software guy so, people may find my point far fetched. But I am sure something like this can happen.

1 Like

So thereā€™s a 29000 subsidy? So the ex factory cost of the 450X pro is 1.89L?
How does the subsidy work then? How is it even applicable ?

1 Like

Android is secure enough to run the scooter. The susceptibility comes in when unsafe apps and unlocked security come in play. On the other hand, mass attacks etc happen at the server end. For this, we have to trust the experts.

Since the only vital part that can be affected is via OTA, and almost all other data flows from the scooter to the server, Ather can keep secure with the droid.

1 Like

Money is not the problem, for the excess money what we are getting over 450 is the problem.
Do you like to spend 50k to upgrade and monthly 2K as subscription?
For me with this 2K I can travel like king in my diesel hatch, then what is the point of buying ā€˜premiumā€™ scooter :thinking:

5 Likes

450x pro can not have subsidy at all because itā€™s priced above 1.5L. There can not be a subsidy for pro.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Android is running the scooter. Just like our present dashboards OS is not running our scooter. Android will run the dashboard. The dashboard is just an interface. For more information and some limited actions.

3 Likes

You are correct. But for those who need to zip thru traffic can enjoy the premium experience. Again, you are correct that the subscription pricing is a bit over the head, but let us understand, it is not any actual material / hardware cost and @ather.team can come up with a very viable plan anytime they want. So keeping hope.

2 Likes

again ā€¦ its an option ā€¦ you pay 99k and subscription and be worry free
or you pay upfront 1.5+L and own your freedom. buying subscription or not is up to you after that
Honestly we are not in that business to know(decide) what is worth or excess for that scooter ā€¦ every manufacturer loots(?) their customer in some or other way and thatā€™s how they survive ! (anybody will do that).
to give you an example >> REā€™s Bullet ā€¦ so much hype that RE is literally minting money by providing shittiest product ever !
i hope you get my point ā€¦ :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

interface to CONTROL the scooter !
it is as vulnerable as other Androids (provided it is open)

I give exception for RE and iPhone users, Im not a fan of both.
For me 450 price to features acceptable, that made me follow Ather.
But not the 450x. Everybody sells product for profit, but there should be a logic in pricing.
If company done many R&D and comes up with a product with no practical benefit, that isnā€™t cusomers problem.

4 Likes