Ather 450X Discussions

I can understand how you feel , but they have to be competitive and launch new products and vehicle market is no less that tech space every year some face lift or a new model do get introduced , Think Activa its 6th gen is arriving …

3 Likes

That’s still not right. It’s a vehicle. It’s not a phone on contract which could be upgraded every year or so.

5 Likes

The 450X is a new variant, so something like a scooter swap.

2 Likes

We’re working on upgrade programs for all our customers. We’ll share more details when we unveil the 450X in a few weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I totally agree and understand your pain… I am also a owner of 450 for a month now… It’s is very annoying… We invest so much money and Ather just launched another model in no less time…

6 Likes

New markets and preorders will love this. Think of the existing owners. Think of the people who have just received their ather in the last week or month.

5 Likes

Our earliest customers like you have shared significantly valuable feedback, which went into the development of the 450X. More details on the upgrade program will be revealed once we unveil the 450X in a few weeks!

1 Like

Well, what’s the alternative? If a tech company does R&D and comes up with a new and improved solution, they won’t just keep it behind locked doors, will they?

4 Likes

Any idea what date is fixed for unveiling it?? I bought the vehicle at one go so will it eligible for swapping?

2 Likes

It looks like a dev machine. Already testing underway.!!

2 Likes

Yeah man that’s a kind of disappointment for being an eager and early adopter for a 1st gen product, If you recently got your 450 it’s still a great machine and no doubt will serve you well with Ather providing updates it should cope up well, But man its business and they need to make money and new launches are just about that… Upgrade or live with what you own…

1 Like

Unveil will be in a few weeks. We’re working on solutions for upgrade for all customers.

5 Likes

Exactly, and you used that to improve the product and came up with 450X, but the sad part is - The improvements will be enjoyed by others and not 450 owners which makes me sad and disappointed. I know we have the upgrade option and all. Don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy for Ather for taking a giant leap forward as a company, but as a proud Ather owner I’m sad. :frowning:

5 Likes

I guess a bit of patience and a whole lot of heavy breathing is required, I’m very curious on the features, the price point, the delivery timeline and most importantly how the upgrade options along with the cost involved work out.

Its going to be a long couple of weeks for sure!

4 Likes

I know you are really annoyed but innovation is something which cannot halt :wink:

3 Likes

Lol… You guys make us go crazy… :joy: 1st made us wait for 4 months just get the vehicle delivered and now another few weeks to just let us know what 450X is… :joy: :joy: :joy: Curiosity is on highest level… :grimacing: :joy:

4 Likes

It won’t be that easy c’mon. It’s a new scooter. Registrations. Subsidies. Everything is different. It’s not like a phone swap. I just hope the upgrade program tales into account all of that. I’m sure we’ll have to pay a lot. But I hope it won’t be like selling our scooter and buying and brand new one.

Completely with you on that. Really frustrated looking at this unveil. I specifically asked in the last owners meet that there were rumors that they’re working on a new scooter and I remember they said that they are continuously working on products but nothing in the near future. Didn’t know near future didn’t include a couple of months. Really disspointed. I don’t think my opinion will change until I see this upgrade program. I’m sorry if I’m being rude. Just being honest here.

7 Likes

My guess is, it is going to be a trade in for a new vehicle!

2 Likes

Ya but they can’t say one thing and do something else man.

2 Likes

When 450 itself is so punchy… imagine 450X it must be so autocratic…! Oh my, my, i can feel the adrenaline rush already :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes