Ather 450X Discussions

@tarun @Ather.Team knows better what their plan is. whoever told them to implement this plus /pro subscription strategy would work, was little overwhelmed and quite super optimistic. i tried cancelling the pre order, but was asked to email. Activa 6G/125 seems working for me with features / price better than fancy toy. absolutely no clarity. Delivery timeline is also negative.

3 Likes

From Ather 450 FAQ:

3 Likes

The 450x makes even the future models of most ev scooters obsolete. As you said the price is where everyone got a bit disappointed

Everyone in the forum will vouch for this and support @Ather.Team for the 450 for the continued support and bug fixes. 450x specs look pretty good but the price to performance compared to the 450 is wayy behind. Fixing it would easily help reaching the goals faster.

5 Likes

I am thinking they will deliver 450 only until 19999 booking and after that it will be only 450x booking.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

A post was merged into an existing topic: Order Swapping

No, one can still book a 450 even now!

1 Like

I am not sure what is the current booking number. It will allow till reached 19999 since they have clearly mentioned that they will move to 450x and stop 450 in their launch event.

I booked a 450 this morning… The order no was in 30000s

1 Like

Then i am wrong :slight_smile:

Tired calling ather for cancellation of 450X booking. Looks like call is busy with high volume of calls.

1 Like

I called Ather Cust care today to cancel my 450X but they told to hold on for 2 to 3 days…
Ather is considering on revising the monthly subscription plan, n also they told that we will get a mail from Ather in next few days on the revised plan on 450X…

5 Likes

Its not only revised subscirption plans. There was no update on when deliveries begin. If they say it will be in july…cannot wait so long and dont know what will change in ather plans by then… 450x reveal yesterday was done in hurry with lot more details not provided.

3 Likes

:+1: for ather tech team for Ather 450x, huge :-1: for ather marketing team, ather’s primary focus should be to sway crowds away from ubiquitous honda activa even with a premium but instead with yesterdays unveiling and unreasonable subscription plans people will have strong reason to not to go green now.

I love my vespa for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In yesterdays unveil, I didn’t see money benefit for customers coming from ICE bikes. It was like we are spending 1600 per month on petrol, you also start spending 1700 to 2000 on Ather bikes montly which is a worst solution for people.

Ather can be real competitor for ICE companies if they

1. Produce better model
  2. Reduce all the regular cost involved in ICE models
  3. Give good customer experience.
5 Likes

Am loving my Ather 450 more :sunglasses: after the launch of 450x with exorbitant prices and subscription.

@Ather.Team You should concentrate on extending range esp. when you’re planning for pan-india launch.
More range in place of more speed might have been great turn-around! Hard Luck! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Ather 450 75 kms in eco mode 450x 85 kms in eco? mode.

A whopping RS 46000 extra for 10 kms

After all a scooter is scooter always.

4 Likes
  1. Ather should understand that Instead of milking existing few thousand customers with non sense subscription plans, they must sell more scooters and get the crowd on board to ev and have reasonable subscription plans to fill their pockets.
  2. Any new technology is going to be expensive until it matures and becomes something for the masses.
  3. what ather should do to on board customers?
    a) Sell scooter.
    b) Let the user charge the vehicle and drive on his free will.
    c) every scooter owner is concerned with the vehicle, how to charge it, where to service it, and if it can improve what to do to improve.
    sell the scooter. sell the charging solution to them. charge a sum of money for vehicle service, OTA. no one cares about the connectivity. if you want ride data to improve the drive experience and improve the scooter collect data at the scooter itself. let the user get back home. connect the vehicle to his home network. Y not run all sort of AI/ML and fancy stuffs and improve the scooter when it is back home? There is no necessity that the data collected need to be sent as and when collected and if not the data becomes irrelevant. with ather it is not that people who use the scooter goes to unknown places daily and they want navigation. A company cannot become a million dollar company on a new technology within a span of 5 to 10 years and neither can they milk customers to become one in a shorter time span. i was fascinated about the 450 and wanted to get one. but looking at the business strategy they have i dont feel like going with ather unless the feedback is considered.
7 Likes

@Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji
H ere what Ather Has done with its product 450X a long term planning

1. In future No new models to be launched in ather,
    This 450X is the best they coming out.
    AS every one in this forum knows that Ather 450 is good enough, at present in india.
  2. Ather knows in future many more EV scooter are coming up in Indian market so more competition in EV market. Ather tarun also seen talking about it during launch.
  3. Ather pricing are insane , the reason behind is that consumer get the best deal IE infinite battery guarantee & warranty & lot more, so customer is glued to ather only , he/she cannot sell are upgrade the ather to any other brand of EV , this called strategy of doing business .
    4, ATHER IS just panicked of future
  4. SO ALL THIS IS DONE IN HURRY & GAINING THE IMPRESSIVE RESPONSE & ADVANTAGE IT GOT FROM ATHER 450 .
  5. The delivery timeline is after 7 months ya it can take more time , so this says that they yet to come up with all manufacturing components needed to produce 450X
    owners riding 450 now know to upgrade or not , everyone has own planning and mouth to mouth talk effects lot , a fear is created now in market that this 450X is HIgh End ONLY PEOPLE WITH BIG POCKETS CAN EARN THIS, NOW THIS HAS BECOME A PREMIUM MODEL
3 Likes

If they really are working on a revised subscription plan then we should give them the time they need.

I surely and deeply hope they get it right this time. The specs just blow any other rival scooter out of the water, only if I could say the same about the price :confused:

3 Likes