Ather 450X Discussions

The main reason people are pissed of are for 2 reasons:

1. The subscription based plan, though affordable, negates the primary advantage of an electric scooter. ie. Electricity is cheaper than petrol.
    The subscription is asking you to pay the same amount if not more in come cases than what you would have spent on ice scooters.
  2. The second is the upfront cost: keeping the price of pro above 1.5L makes it unavailable for FAME 2 subsidy, this is really unfortunate because subsidy is an incentive for people to buy electric scooters and by making it unavailable for the customers they will not be happy . Instead ather should have sold 450x plus just below 1.5L and given the buyer an option to upgrade to pro for 10k. Subsidy would’ve reduced the price by 1.49L-29k=1.2 L for plus and made it 1.3L for pro.
2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Maintenance and Service

agree 100% … given choice today i will still go for 450 than 450X
but that doesn’t mean that 450X isn’t saleable or impractical … if you know the concept of performance 4W like mustang and all, they don’t work in india … not that people can’t afford but it is impractical on indian roads (nowadays scenario is changing)
so lets see whether 450X becomes mustang/lamborghini of 2W or not :slight_smile:

1 Like

No the dashboard doesn’t CONTROL the scooter as such.
The scooter works on a more robust system, with a lot of redundancies built in. Thsi is why when your dashboard hangs or reboots you can still continue riding your scooter. You can even change modes without the dashboard on. You go into reverse without the dashboard.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Says it has wifi 2.4g but in some posts they take about wifi aiding bluetooth. If they blocked wifi for OTA updates , that is a new low for Ather.

1 Like

May be another subscription of 1K need to unlock it :grinning:

4 Likes

But if you can switch to pro from plus using app or remotely means some level of access to the scooter is available or open, right?

I might be wrong. Regarding subsidy above 1.5L, the scooter can be shown as ₹99k and subsidy can be availed. Post which the additional payment will go for the subscriptions which will end up making it 1.5L. If you think, why the exit option is after 4year ?

Again this might not make sense, just in my head :smile:

1 Like

All these are questions for tomorrow’s QA. Let’s make good use of it.

Going as per the spec sheets for the 450X, it has both Bluetooth and WiFi. However, the WiFi is used along with the Bluetooth module as a beacon for the “find my scooter”.

Thus as far as I know, WiFi is not explicitly available as a feature for downloading updates.

P.S. this is information I’ve gathered from various video reviews on the same.

3 Likes

Might get released in a future ota

There is no conspiracy theory here, actually! :sweat_smile:
It just exists to work as a bluetooth beacon and thus make it work better. Check this section of the review:

But I wouldn’t be surprised if a future update enables a lot more features using this WiFi!

2 Likes

How long have you used the scooter?

They have deliberately limited the wifi functionality, so that people go for ather connect planes, earlier the excuse in 450 was that it doesn’t have wifi hardware, now that that ather 450x has it and it doesn’t take anyone seeing this objectively to understand their intentions.

4 Likes

my post got blocked by ather LOL because I was posting the correct thing, I posted to ATHER, that its better to PAY OLA or UBER instead to ATHER and they blocked my post. LOL. I don’t know how many other post they blocked of other users, WHY @Ather.Team is worried if people are posting the correct things or showing there frustration??? It’s better to accept instead of blocking the posting and saying that I am spamming, I booked the ATHER 450 & 450X how can I do spamming @abhishek.balaji @Tarun
is this they way you treat your customers??

5 Likes

Look like Ather has become greediest comapny among ev manufactures, deliberately hiding/blocking features already available with user

1 Like

Man they blocked my post by saying I am doing spamming LOL I PREBOOKED my ATHER and they are saying I am Spamming

2 Likes

Exactly bro and keep current subscription as 450 has I am ready to throw that 1.3L for 450x pro if Ather gets it priced right ,A simple thing Ather screwed up so badly…

4 Likes

Let’s keep this thread for discussions on the 450X. You’re welcome to share criticisms, but do avoid posts that add no value to the conversation.

11 Likes