Ather 450S | Ready for Takeoff

The display seems to have also been optimised to a basic digital screen

6 Likes

When will reveal

5 Likes

why is it showing an error when trying to join the wait list?

I hope not, It already has a bare minimum range.

5 Likes

Obviously the range will be lower, around 70-80 according to the indicative IDC range. If they give the same range, nobody will buy the 450x since most people prefer more range than anything else.

2 Likes

450x sales have plummeted from the sky to the ground, and the top-selling is OLA right now followed by TVS iQube, In my opinion, I hope they better manage this low end product and at least show a true range of 100 on the ECO to boost the sales. unlike the X, this product will be cut short in a lot of techs 7" screen will be one of them.

7 Likes

I remember Tarun talking multiple times about changing the perception of ‘connected scooters’ with ‘touchscreen dashboard’ ‘on board navigation’ etc.

3 Likes

Its working now. Just checked.

7 Likes

From the looks of this ad, it seem it will not have the Google Navigation, might contain turn by turn though, like the ones found in TVS scooters, cheap alternative. Bluetooth will handle most of the functions instead of a connected feature, saving a lot for the company.

3 Likes

Exactly, quite a different approach from what he used to say. We are seeing many changes like that in the company now.

3 Likes

yes, would be nice if they incorporated these features to 450x, before they start charging for the connectivity pack, so that we can use our mobile data/ wifi for navigation/updates

3 Likes

Waiting :tornado::tornado::tornado::tornado::tornado::tornado:

1 Like

I guess the acceleration might be capped a bit, more delay to go 0-40kmph instead of the 3.3sec this one might be taking 3.9sec.

2 Likes

Maps are anyways barely useful in 450x. It lags like hell. Doesn’t show live traffic most of the time even when enabled. Can not zoom out or move the maps to check the rest of the route without massive lag.

The main reason to have a touchscreen display in scooter is maps, and it is currently at least nothing more than a gimmick.

5 Likes

i will recommand Ather to my friends and family only after the introduction of new service packs.expensive service cost and low quality spare of Ather

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Hmm, no more teasers? it’s gonna be launched this month and looks like even the company is not interested.

2 Likes

Not this month, next month

2 Likes

The news articles beg to differ,

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sxsrf=AB5stBjdP5G1t4Fw3-zLHf60VPYg9CQJdg:1688993554472&q=ather+450s+launch+date&nfpr=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiYjN6ml4SAAxXsSWwGHd39DeoQvgUoAXoECAcQAg&biw=360&bih=664&dpr=3

1 Like

This is from the Ather team themselves: Introducing the Ather 450S!

Yes launch and pre-orders in July. delivery in August. That’s what @power_light2000 referring

2 Likes

so it has begun…

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-450s-pre-book-a-dash-of-change/169614/2

Pre-booking starts today 450S

4 Likes