Ather 450 and 340 Technical Discussion

@Shreyas: A bit about the battery swapping technology.
I am sure Ather would have considered this and decided not to go with it. Can you explain it a bit in detail about the decision making process you guys went through?

Looking these points I am confused why Ather have not opted to go with swapping…

1. The ease in charging, like you can take the battery home and charge. No charge point installation required.
  2. Range is limited to 75 kms now. And fast charging will take time compared to Swapping stations.
  3. Battery technology changes can be intergrated faster in swapping model… compared to a fixed battery system.(?)

I agree swapping doesn’t go well with the philosophy Ather stands for…And I do support that…but looking at the dynamics of the technology…I am not sure whether it was a wise business decision…

I am sure you have discussed these in different forums…so if it’s a repeated question you can just share the link…so that I can read and understand more about it.

We’ve discussed the same here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I understood the thought given to not opt for the swapping technology…75 km is a decent range for inside Bangalore use…and it’s worthless to invest on more range considering an average user…But I wish Ather had a additional battery attachment point in the bootspace…and we have a system in place to rent out batteries for the days you need more range…like the one I had on this weekend!!..

Off topic but I wouldn’t take even my regular scooter out if I had to travel THAT MUCH within Bangalore! You sir, should apply for honorary IronButt certification :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Have some suggestions.

1. whether always on head lamp is high beam or low beam . If its on high beam default, can we make it low beam as default to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. Now a days the led lights are becoming a nuisance.

2. Is it possible to increase the size of turn light indicator warning on display, so that we can notice it easily.

1 Like

@anish.ts

There cannot be a default set for low or high beam as it’s done using a hard mechanical button. The position of which is controlled by the user. LEDs blinding traffic is a nuisance only if users aren’t careful while riding at night, it cannot and should not be automatically changed to low-beam if the user has put it on high beam.

Can be done OTA, but we don’t think there’s a need for it as there is an auditory response on indicator engagement and the indicators are auto-canceling.

Ok. Thank you Shreyas. I am not aware that indicators are self cancelling.

I guess you both are talking about two different things. @anish.ts is talking about AOH (Always On Headlights), the control of which cannot be given to the user. It shouldn’t have any switch whatsover and on by defualt
@shreyas is talking about headlights and it definitely can’t be set to one and should always be controllable by the user by a switch

When AOH regulation came in, some companies took the simple path by making the low beam as AOH. Others like Dio and TVSXL super added a separate LED strip outside headlamp. Some others used a separate small light inside headlamp unit. Ather has two AOH lights on the handle Console and also the low beam is used as AOH (at least that was the case with the test ride scooter i got)!below is the pic

4 Likes

Exactly

Is there plans to support custom theme for the on dash UI? More importantly, will we get a dark theme for the dash UI?

Over time, the need for dedicated topics has come up. Hence, we are closing the existing threads, and splitting each category into multiple topics.

This restructuring will not only help you in finding discussions which are of your interest but will also help others find answers to questions that have already been asked and answered. The older threads will be present with read-only access.

Hi,

If I wish to upgrade to the latest 4g Dashboard with Bluetooth which is deployed in 450 X to my 450 Will that be possible?

6 Likes