Ather 450 and 340 Technical Discussion

@shruthiramesh5

1. We do not have crash-guards for the scooters.
  2. The charging cable has to be purchased separately, it does not come free with the 450.
  3. At the moment, we do not offer any other accessories, once production stabilizes, and we have the bandwidth to design accessories, we might.
1 Like

How much would the normal charging cable cost and what is its length ?
What is the power requirement for the charging socket ? Does the plug point need fuse ?

1 Like

Is the Display scratch proof? If yes, well and good. If not, what is the option we have? Toughened Scratch Guard?

1 Like

Thanks @Shreyas,
Now few on the Security features, while taking test drive, i was told that you guys are working on security features and nothing was finalized.
1: Do we get to have Geo-fencing feature or in coming future by OTA update ? i can guess you have all the hardware to bring this feature in ?
2: just worried that since this scooter is brand new and super hi-tech , while parked passer-by might tend to be naughty and try to meddle with the bike , or even try to steal it ! is there any thoughts form your end ?
3: Can you please confirm, While in charging mode , only the owner can remove the port from the bike (solenoid) and not others, is that right ?
3: Overall what are the security features for Ather scooters planned for production bikes.

1 Like

Hi Guys, Just wanted to know the production capacity in a week ?

1 Like

The cost of the charging cable if bought separately is Rs. 4800 + GST, and the length is about 2.4 Meters.

The power requirement is around 1000W, which can easily be handled by a standard 5/6A plug point. A separate fuse is not required at the plug location, but there should always be a 6A circuit breaker in the circuit. Our team will take care of it during the installation.

3 Likes

While I’d not call it scratch-proof(no display technically is), it is scratch resistant. The cover glass on top is quite thick too as compared to normal phone screens making is much more durable for the outdoors.

1 Like
  1. While we have worked on geo-fencing, the feature is not yet ready to be pushed to the vehicles. It might or might not come to the vehicles in the future, cannot commit that as it’s not finalized.

2. This is true for any new/high-end vehicle in the market today.

3. Yes, while charging, the vehicle locks the connector, and only when the key is turned on, the connector is disengaged and the charging stops.

4. @surya.oruganti can answer this better.

1 Like

Please mention the following specs:

1. LWH
  2. Kerb Weight (w/o battery)
  3. Charging time
  4. Gear Box and Transmission type
  5. Wheel Size and Tyre Size
  6. Ground Clearance and Suspensions (Telescopic or Hydraulic)
1 Like

All the specs of the vehicle are available on the following link: https://www.atherenergy.com/images/Ather_Specifications_Sheet.pdf

As for the weight, the battery weight is approximately 19 kg.

1 Like
  1. What is the under seat storage (in Liters)?
  2. Does the scooter packs an Anti-theft alarm?
  3. What is the gear box type?
1 Like
  1. The approximate under seat storage volume is 24 Liters.
  2. There is no anti-theft alarm.
  3. There is no gearbox, and the scooters run using a two-step reduction, single-speed, belt-driven transmission.
2 Likes

@ Shreyas

1. clarity on costing of the battery , indication will this happen before pre delivery

2. lot of upgrades n modification talks going on
    What are the things will be missed out for early adapter’s.
    Which and all batch on wards improvisation or add ons will be done.

Tia

1 Like

As I heard that the bike makes lot of noise while riding. Do the noise(due to cooling fan) will increase, if the weather become very hot?

1 Like

It’s not a lot of noise, it’s just a fan noise almost equivalent to a typical home power inverter fan noise. It’s far far lower than the conventional Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) noise.

1 Like
  1. The battery cost is being worked out. Will post an update as soon as I have one. I’m sorry I don’t have it yet.

2. All modifications or upgrades that are being talked about are a possibility for future versions. We have not started working on any of those changes yet. No clarity on when they will be introduced yet. Please don’t worry about missing out on anything.

However, all the software related updates and features will come to all owners, given OTA update capability is there in the vehicles produced from day one.

Adding to this, the fan’s audible sound will not increase in intensity during hotter weather. What might increase marginally is the time duration it takes for the motor to cool down during hotter days. Just as it is the case with any heat exchanging setup.

1 Like

As I came to know that the bike has it own sim card for internet connection. So who will pay for the monthly sim card usage charges?

Ather as part of the AtherOne plan

1 Like

Can we set speed limit…??