Ask Us Anything on Atherstack and Ather Connect

Old ui kWh shows but now they not available,any hope for this,Anti theft four indicator blinking is good if any chance to add sound also,when we will get Cruise control

6 Likes

Regarding Ather app and Ather connect,

I have a very specific issue, those who have more than 1 Ather could relate to this.

We have 2 Athers, me and my father rides them interchangeably.

We can keep different names of the vehicles and can add both to the Bluetooth settings of our phone and keep it paired.

But the app limits it to one at a time. Every time you’ve to pair again with the second Ather.

I want it to keep both paired, and when we switch the scooters in the app the Bluetooth settings in the app should also change to the respective scooter.

I have already raised a ticket regarding this, and the CS team said they’ll look into its feasibility.

Also, what @anandhupresannan mentioned is also true, Bluetooth works fine for me but not auto connecting, and having to switch between 2 vehicles makes me not use it at all.

5 Likes

The Ather Connect app and software on the scooter have many bugs. The pest control team seems to introduce more bugs than they fix.

The fact that there is a recurring cost involved in providing data connection to the vehicles does not mean that Ather Energy should charge for buggy software. In fact, it is quite the opposite. If Ather Energy wants to charge for the Ather Connect subscription, they should first make sure that the software is bug-free and that it provides a good user experience. Otherwise, they will simply be alienating their customers and driving them away from the brand. To be frank Ather connect is not worth the money.

I have the following questions for Ather Energy:

1. Why don’t you open the Wi-Fi module in all the scooters and completely ditch the mobile network connection? There are offline maps and open street maps available.
  2. Why don’t you provide 4 to 5 years of software updates for your vehicles, like mobile companies do for devices that cost ₹20,000?
  3. Why does the Ather app require permission to access notifications, contacts, etc., in order to work? This is unnecessary unless someone wants to use Bluetooth to get call alerts.
  4. When will the Bluetooth issue be fixed? There are smart bands available for ₹1000 that connect to mobile devices without any issues and transfer data, call alerts, etc. Why can’t the Ather scooter do the same?
  5. Why are you removing the existing features from the scooter, even when it is used by most of the people like real time efficiency or the 2nd trip meter.
17 Likes

1.Whats the point of blue line on the map with live traffic? It makes no sense can’t even see the live traffic and map is too laggy.

2.Just a thought why can’t the BATTERY HEALTH option be added in the vehicle as well as the app similar to iPhone’s its much more transparent.

3.App Sync issue which is frequently reported in the community,

There are frequent surveys that you keep running not sure if you guys are really considering the survey feedbacks, Ather connect isn’t worth to go in for a paid plan now based on the current features and the bugs it has now like frequent issue with Bluetooth, sudden disappear of wings of power for a long time, There is lot of room for the improvement

15 Likes
  1. Can we expect more themes/old Speedometer in upcoming updates?

2. Is solenoid unlock via Ather app doable on current hardware? it would be handy not to carry key just to unlock charger from scooter.

3. Make incognito mode pattern/pin protected plz.

8 Likes

Any plans to add a missed call notification icon to the dashboard? While the incoming call notifications are helpful, it’s easy to miss calls while focused on the road. Having a visual indicator for missed calls would ensure we don’t miss important communication.

3 Likes

Can we expect widget support for iOS/Android?

A widget for battery percentage would be a nice.

6 Likes

Can you please explain about the measures taken on ensuring the security and privacy of the data in transmission and data at rest at Ather?

5 Likes

One thing we really miss was PPL really loved the idea of realtime efficiency it literally shows u how much ur burning power of wings do Show how much u have but it’s clearly missing the feature of how well can u accelerate with having a good efficiency any clues of it making a comeback in stack 5.8 or 5.9 ??

• also I had this crazy idea we have different modes each mode is different form other So why not implement this When ur in eco mode it should display the efficiency in realtime and when ur in sports mode or warp mode it should display the temperature of moter and battery pack If this possible in future?? Also grste work on solving the bugs I can say it’s really smooth now the experience is really really good Fantastic job team :sparkles::sparkles:

3 Likes

What about OG 450 owners. Smart eco is ready but not sent also what about further feature updates atleast one in a year or just ignored, instead of new features being introduced original owners features are cut down like why was full 100% charge notification feature removed for gen 1 and 1.5 users, we have to pay same amount for connect plan going forward but get no updates

4 Likes

Why vehicle will reboot automatically two to three times in a day

4 Likes

Please update the TPMS display in the white theme, its very difficult to view the numbers in the left corner, in dark theme it is perfect

7 Likes

Can a siren or an alarm be incorporated in addition to the movement detector notification and light blinking ? This will alert others nearby the vehicle

1 Like

For how long will Ather Connect continue to be free? The 1-month extensions that have started recently are creating quite some suspense, considering they used to be much longer in the past

Also in case you plan to stop offering it for free, do you at least plan to allow the following?

1. Google Maps navigation by connecting to a phone
  2. Scooter OTA updates by connecting to Wi-Fi
10 Likes

There is a lag or missing in the Ather when we turn on indicators. Sometimes even if we are on the indicator it is not turning on. Need to do the same action one more time. Is it a dashboard software issue or any issue with the switches

4 Likes

What is the criteria for pushing software updates? Why do some people receive updates very late while others very quickly? Is there a beta program I can sign up to?

7 Likes

Can you share insights into the data-driven approach of Ather and how data collected is utilized to enhance the user experience and drive continuous improvements in the ecosystem?

8 Likes

Morning folks! Starting off this AMA with the most up-voted question.

We’ve got lots of interesting things in the works including cruise and advanced regen! :eyes:

However, we are limited by homologation and other regulations for some of the hardware changes which means certain features just cannot be made backwards compatible.

10 Likes

Happy to give some more context. Features like cruise require dedicated physical switches, which requires additional homologation, etc. So anything that involves a physical hardware change simply cannot be backwards compatible.

2 Likes

So can we expect regen revamp to be rolled out to gen2 users? Or it is only for gen3 only? Since current regen is practically unchanged from 450 gen1.

1 Like