An 'e-motion'al connect - Hemanth's Ather 450

Yes it is. Like I was saying I was using the same one before Ather for my car. Though when you feel that there is more mud then you have to kick the handle more times once the water level is little less than the neck. That way the pressure would have been enough for me both ways, for Ather as well as for the other one. I have washed vehicles during rainy season post 2 weeks of usage and the mud that gets struck comes out just fine. Takes a little bit of time but that’s the trade off between using so much water in a professional wash than a manual pressuring making one like this.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right I used a double stick take to fix the logo as in my case the logo was not sticking with the film that came with the logo:+1:

1 Like

My scooter crossed 8000kms yesterday. Scooter is 11 months. In May 2019, my scooter ran for less than 100 kms and in August 2019, it ran for close to 1200kms. The average running so far is around 725kms per month.

14 Likes

One year later, still happens.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone has experienced this, but recently I’ve seen a special thing happening with my Ather. We charge it overnight and turn off early morning. I’ve seen that the Ather is the new favourite place for a cat in our apartment to sleep. I suspect that it’s because of the heat from the battery pack in the floorboard during charging. I can’t see detect any heat with my bare hands/legs, but probably the cat finds it warm. @Ather.Team…can it be possible? Below is a picture i took one morning.

8 Likes

Definitely. The floor gets really warm while charging up. But trickle at 100% not a lot of heat. I’ve noticed the same too. Cats like sleeping under my scooter for some reason though

3 Likes

Yes you are absolutely correct even the cat sleeps on my Arther seat

1 Like

True. In this one year, I’ve stopped bothering about it. As per my observation, this happens only when the scooter is parked. when it is running, this problem isn’t there.

3 Likes

Thank god your’s is on the floor board and not on the seat, a stray cat visit’s My flight and scratches the seat every night PS: it does save you from rat biting the harness

3 Likes

Today my Ather completes 1 year. It’s been a Happy Anniwheeersary! We’ve created lot of memories,good and bad, over this journey of 8758kms. It has taken me places, it’s attracted people, it’s inspired the next generation, it’s busted myths but most importantly it’s running just the way it did an year ago. Sunshine, rain, nails, bad roads, no roads, good roads whatever I gave it, it has run beautifully and everytime I twist the throttle my smile gets wider. Thanks @Ather.Team for providing such a beautiful machine and a wonderful experience so far.

If I’ve to summarise these 12 months in 12 pictures…in no particular order, these would be it.

Looking forward to more wheeeing…

16 Likes

Congratulations on 1year anniversary, btw where did you get the keychain, it’s amazing

1 Like

Thank you!

regarding the key chain, you can find more details in some of my previous posts of mine (quoted below for your reference).

1 Like

Congratulation, Mr Hemanth.

We have experienced a strange problem today. As usual, my wife came back form office yesterday evening and plugged in the scooter for charging in our apartment basement parking. When I came home at around 18:30, I saw that the pod was off (usually I’m welcomed by the blinking green light). I thought my wife had forgotten to put it for charge. I went to switch it on and it was actually plugged in and MCB was on. I heard the DG sound and realised that power wasn’t there and hence it wasn’t charging. I went home. Power came back sometime later and the scooter charged overnight; or so we thought…

Today morning, my wife went down to go to office but strangely the scooter had only 15% charge :flushed:. The pod was blinking green but only 15% charge! She thought she’ll take her car but imagining the car in ORR traffic (silkboard towards belandur) at that time, she decided to work from home (generally if she goes by car she leaves early).

She removed the plug and put it back for charge and it said “charging”. We are keeping an eye for the charge but the app is only loading… we have to go to the basement everytime and look out. A strange problem and it’s a first! If we continue seeing this issue, I’ll report it to the CS via call of via the app(if it opens)

3 Likes

Last weekend, a colleague of mine got his Ather delivered and he wanted to have a casual talk. Instead we decided to go on a small ride. Called another friend who has a four month old Ather. All 3 of us went till Ramohalli Dodda aladmara (big banyan tree) for a small ride of 25+25kms ride. Some snaps from that…

13 Likes

Hi Hemanth, could you please enable your DMs, I can’t message you. I have some questions that I think you can help me out with. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s no secret how Covid-19 has just changed the entire world and how we see things. Both the companies that I work in and my wife works in have declared working from home many months ahead. My company has also reduced office space and even after Covid-19 (whenever that is), we will continue to work from home most of the days.

This meant our usage of the 450 has come down drastically (office rides was our scooter’s major duty). Just look at the graph below. We used to ride an average of 800-900 a month earlier but now, The scooter has covered just 414 kms in the last 8 months!

the last 8 months has not only been low in terms of usage, but it’s also a low for me in terms of the overall ownership experience. Some of the issues so far

The ride statistics not syncing issue

The ride statistics stopped syncing sometime in April. Whatever minimum usage that was made of the vehicle is not appearing on the App. I’ve raised 2 to 3 tickets for the same issue and so far it is still WIP. In between some rides have appeared but after August 13th all the new rides are not shown on the app. Strangely the ODO meter reading was getting updated.

The rides not syncing issue is not a new one really. Previously it used to sync after a few days and everything used to be normal. But the bad thing this time around is that it has affected the home charging reimbursement too. The Apr-Jun reimbursement was matching only the few rides that were synced. Jul-Sep reimbursement has not yet been credited so far. It also affected the data in the Ride log…Hoping to get a resolution at the earliest.

OTA update package not downloading

The 4.2.2 OTA update rolled out couldn’t download…previously too download issues were faced but that was due to low signal strength in the basement. bout once out in the open, it used to download and install without much hassles. but this update even though small, wasn’t able to download. I raised a ticket for this last month. An executive came home to install manually but he just couldn’t connect his laptop to the scooter! So he had to take it to the service centre. I was told that the Dashboard Control Unit was replaced under warranty. The firmware update was installed after this replacement.

During this update I also told them about the boot light yellowing. It was replaced under warranty…this was the second time that that was replaced. seems like an inherent defect.

I also asked them to rectify the ride sync issue and then give back the vehicle. They told they don’t need the scooter for troubleshooting that issue.

Unknown mysterious issue

Two days after the scooter was returned after replacement of DCU, I got a call from Ather and they told they need to arrange a pickup. When asked for the reason they told that they had forgotten something in the previous service and they’ll rectify that. I asked again for details and I was told that the service executive will tell me the details after work is done. After the work was done, I asked for details and All I got was that there was some issue with the charger which has a probability of throwing up charger error code C014 . In 20 months of ownership I never had never faced any C or M errors. TBH… The answers were not very convincing I must say. Somehow my sixth sense tells me that this was a recall disguised under the word “Forgotten”

Anyway, this time again I told them that they can keep the vehicle with them till all issues were solved. Also asked them for the SIM swap. I was told that I must book and arrange separately and it is done at a different location (Proto Lab). I was told it takes an hour to do the job and all the slots are completely booked for the next few days. Although I can’t believe there are so many vehicles in Bengaluru requiring a SIM swap…I’m not really interested in the SIM swap. I’m more interested in the 4G dongle so I’ll directly go for that whenever it is available.

More data sync issues

Just when I thought these were the only issues, I found another one just now while composing this message. After the scooter came home two days ago, I had not checked the app. Today when I checked I see that even the ODO and software version displayed on the dashboard and the app are not matching. also you can see the ride stats section doesn’t load at all. What’s more…The ODO reading has gone back!!! (compare previous image with the image below)

I’ve not raised a fresh ticket for this as the ride sync issues is still in work.

All these are not dangerous issues or performance issues. But it has certainly marred the good experience I’ve had so far. Even today, I take my vehicle out once in a while simply to enjoy the way it rides…I just love it.

450Xupgrade

I had booked the 450X and was eligible for the Series 1. However as stated above, my usage has reduced drastically due to this Pandemic! Added to that all my lease benefits I have for this scooter (Ather One 360 for entire term for example) will be lost with the upgrade. I decided to become deaf to my heart and used only my head (A rarity for me personally). After this, it really didn’t make sense to me and it really didn’t feel like an upgrade. So I decided not to buy the Series 1.

If I hadn’t had the 450 with me, it would’ve been the opposite. I’d have loved to have that translucent panels but as I said…I’ve tuned a deaf ear to my heart. A friend wanted to buy the 450X and I transferred the order to him. I sent a mail to CS on 19th October. After some mail exchange formalities (and some public holidays), the transfer was finally completed today afternoon.

12 Likes

Do we need to keep the home charger pod switched off when not in use or just keep it on always?