A ride to nandi hills

Went on a adventure to check the Ather 450x full potential and i am really happy that I purchased this vechicle . Its worth every penny . The issue I faced with this ride was the poor Ather grid service which are in devanahalli . Were the two Ather grid won’t work it was really a task for me to travel and almost ran out of range .

13 Likes

Hey Pavan! Great job! Please do tell us your entire journey. Where you started from, which route you took and which chargers you used. Thanks!

6 Likes

Hey bro did u charge anywhere after devanahalli(acre bengaluru) charging point…

4 Likes

The Ather grid at Acre Bengaluru, the one at Decathlon Anubhava towards Airport/Nandi Hills and also at Yelahanka is active and working fine.

2 Likes

Can you share the ride statistics

2 Likes

Guys :rofl: this one couldnt even climb a steep roads, ours is far better than thiers.

3 Likes

I think user is confusing battery high temperature (that determines mode limitation) to ambient temperature shown in dash

3 Likes

This is where greadibility is seen where Ather has higher than any other electric scooter…

2 Likes

Hi Could you share the, from where you started and in between, are you able to find any active Ather grids ?

1 Like

Hey Kevin . I stay near malleshwaram and this complete ride almost took me 150kms . I pre-planned my ride and had 2 backup plans . So I used the sport mode and ride mode and kept a constant speed of 60-70kmph and i reached devanahalli Decathlon around 7:30am in the morning and hoped that I would charge my vechicle completely and head to nandi hills . But to my case the charger wasn’t working and the Decathlon people were just lieing to me related to the charger . So my second thought was to wait till Arces Bengaluru opens and charge my vechicle but the watchman was telling it opens at 11:30am not 8:30am and I was felt hopeless . Later I had a friend who stays in dodballapura and i head over there and had a range of 12kms left and i covered 65kms in Sports, Ride mode . Then completely charged my vechicle which took about 3.5 to 4hrs and head to nandi hills and the Regen worked okok in downhill i only got extra 3kms of range and my range didn’t decrease while coming down . So I had around 45kms of range in ride mode so I went on full speed towards Devanahalli were the Ather grid is located . When i reached there i had 11kms of range and i plugged but it wasn’t charging so that’s when i felt this is gonna end bad . So the next Ather grid was about 14kms which is near Reva College and the range i had was 11kms . So I decreased my speed to 20-25km and to my surprise Ather did go 14kms and i had left with 2kms of range . And to my luck the Ather grid was working fine near Reva college and charged my scooter for half an HR and headed back to Bangalore were i stay .

1 Like

Hey bro i did charge in two places . While heading to nandi hills i went through dodballapura because the 2 Ather grid near Devanahalli isn’t working .

1 Like

Hello brother when i went both the grid weren’t working and i filed a complain regarding this and they even have me a call back and said sir we have fixed it . I really appreciate the work what Ather is doing

5 Likes

I did a solo ride to Nandhi Hills in my 3 months old Ather 450x Gen4 today. It was a pleasant experience considering the weekend rush and my lack of long rides expertise.

Lucky we stay closer, 53/54 kms one way. I did a full charge to 100% yesterday night but by 5 AM, usual 2% battery got discharged.

I used Sports mode for the entire ride.

I started at 5.15 AM and I drove to Hangout@nandhi restaurant with a fast charger (available 24*7). I was lucky that I covered 40 kms (streets + highway) with 33% battery.

After 5 minutes of break, I put on scooter for charging and let it charge till 75% from 65%. It costed approx 19 rupees.

The ride experience in hilly roads: 14% battery was consumed for climbing the hill and there was no sign of performance drop. Since it was my 1st time, I drove cautiously.

While descending the hills, I started with 58% and I ended up with 58% at the bottom. 2% was regenerated and used while descending. I drove slowly on purpose with range anxiety in mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Riding experience in Highway: Traffic was less and there were no rash drivers (or zig zag ones) around. Wind was more early morning but it became sunny when I returned.

With the remaining range left at 58% (after descending the hill), I drove directly to home without charging again.

Finally, I returned home with 23% battery (20 kms range in Sports mode) left. I covered a total of 108 kms in total.

Below are my ride stats: the long journey stats doesn’t have speed graph bcoz of network issue in the scooter. Also Enjoy the pics (cant paste videos due to size limit) of the amazing view from the top.

Disclaimer: I still drive with an ‘L’ board (yet to apply for DL) & have driven 1.6 km solo so far.

Note: There is an fast charger machine at the top (Nandhi hills) but not sure why it is turned off and doesn’t display in the app.

1 Like