5000 km review forum

Welcome back @Shreyas.G, good to see your indepth review, a comparable experience after riding 6k kilometres.

1 Like

Completed my 6.5K run on my Ather-450.
Pros:
Excellent control on the vehicle, even at high speed.
getting around 71km range on a daily basis on Ride mode.
comfortable seating, but little bit disadvantageous for taller people
onboard GPS comes handy when i got get the correct route
Never had such a big boot space
Makes every one to turn their heads

Cons
very poor connectivity (at my regular route)
Does not have live traffic in the maps, where miscalculation of time happens
sharp edges, to be very cautious while cleaning
Mirror adjustment to be improved
Front mudguard flap, water hit my face from the front during rainy times

Suggestions:
A welcome screen in the dash which displays Owner’s name while powering ON.
display carbon footprint saved per km or end of every ride.

9 Likes

Hi
Id like some info from you about your bike.
I too am a bit of an aggressive rider probably not as much but yes a bit.
I’ve noticed that the power usage during the first month of usage stayed in the range of 37 to 39 Wh/Km. There was a bit of an issue that I complained about for which they picked up the biked and returned it after some adjustments.
Ever since my Wh/Km has always been in the 41 - 42 range and never seems to come down and the range too is never more than 55 at the end of the day.
What kind of Wh/Km shows up on your panel with your kind of riding.

Thanks

1 Like

In slow speed below 20 km, I am getting a belt noise! Is this normal in Ather 450 or due to defective pulley settings. I have just completed 120 km. Also the mono shock at the rear hitting the seat every time pass on a speed breaker.

Hariharan K

1 Like

Usually howls between 15 & 20 KM speed while accelerating

1 Like

this is perfectly normal

this too is normal

3 Likes

It’s not hitting the seat. The monoshock at the rear is quite a small one and it tends to lock up easily, more so because the Ather so light at the rear. So what you are hearing is normal. And you porbbaly won’t hear it with a pillion on board. Disadvantages of a stiff suspension

2 Likes

I think below 30 wh/km gives a good range of 85 km. I tried mix of ride and sport mode.

1 Like

how to maintain 30wh/km while riding? please let us know

1 Like

Well, I don’t know how to maintain, but I think avoiding sudden acceleration and braking does help in maximizing the range!

3 Likes

ride without/less red halo in dashboard. it will give below 30

1 Like

Trying to keep away from the red glow is close to impossible for me.
Even if i try to keep the glow to the minimum I can still only bring down the power usage to about 36 or 37 not lesser than that.

Without doing any of this I could get an efficiency of 36 even without worrying too much about the glow, but now that doesn’t happen.

Hence the worry.

Everything else in the bike works great!!

1 Like

To achieve maximum motor efficiency, experts from the Department of Energy (DOE) Industrial Technologies Program, Washington, D.C., recommend the following:

1. Eliminate voltage unbalance.
  2. Replace V-belts with cogged or synchronous belt drives.
  3. Avoid nuisance tripping.
  4. Maintain motor shaft alignment.
1 Like

“Trying to keep away from the red glow is close to impossible for me.” You can easily do that. Accelerate till red glow. release accelerator. then once the glow is no more, accelerate again. you can cruise at same speed at which glow came previously without glow.

1 Like

Yes this would definitely be possible but whats the fun in riding it that way. :smiley:
BTW I would get better power usage earlier, thats my main concern.

1 Like

Hi even iam facing that squeaking sound from the rear. I don’t think pressure washing every time Is going to solve it. Iam close to 5k km.

2 Likes

Yes im facing belt noise issue at 3k kilometers they said use pressure wash it will gone but it won’t i should come and check this issue at service as im far from bangalore so i need to use transportation is Ather provide transportation facilities

2 Likes

Ather does not Provide any facilities.

1 Like