450X: Product/Technical discussions

See Battery problem for environment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-02-18/problems-with-lithium-ion-batteries-used-in-electric-vehicles-video

nope it says BLDC. 72 volts means you’ll lose amperage it’ll go 17s or 18s now to pack that in floorboard you’ll need to decrease the parallel cells

looks like transparent panels may be out.

Does ‘inside out’ mean maybe a vinyl wrap of what the internals would look like if it were transparent? :thinking:

Also, transparent is not a smart idea, I wouldn’t want whatever is in my boot to be on display, considering almost all of the back is the boot.

Seriously though, vinyl wrap of the internal look would be CRAZY!

2 Likes

That’s what it is. Transparent and translucent were not in the works. You’ll get body graphics with the all the internal a printed over it.

1 Like

That would be pretty cool! Would be interesting to see the graphics for the motor and belt drive area.

By seeing at once it’s good to see that graphics but not every time

1 Like

Maybe it is just me, but I would rather have just a minimal representation of the insides of Ather (i.e. simple graphics of only a couple of key components) shown on the exteriors of Ather than having the entire blueprint of the internal mechanism plastered on the covers. Having elaborate details of the insides might look cool the first two times you see it, but then eventually it will start to look like a vinyl job gone bad, with gaudy lines and drawings covering all the sides of the vehicle. It should look like a Collector’s item, not a design tutorial on wheels :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

By the way, what is Cubby holes… Its in the 450x product description under “That’s not all” section. @Ather.Team

Cubbyhole literally means a very small room or space for storing things. In the under seat storage of the 450, there are 3 such small places on three sides to store whatever you want. In my scooter, I have the user manual in the front side cubby hole (which also has a rubber strap to secure (although it is too long and useless). On one of the small side cubby hole, I keep office ID card. On the other one I keep small cleaning cloth.

1 Like

I hear that the rear break mechanism gets locked up in case of quick braking in Ather 450. @Ather.Team, will Ather 450x get the same braking or is there a posibility of better brakes?

The brakes are quite powerful and a lot of owners (like me!) who transitioned from an Activa with just drum or a single front disc take some time to get used to these brakes. The tyres too aren’t the best when it comes to grip.

So, Take the first few days to get used to the brakes, torque and the handling characteristics before opening up the throttle full speed.

1 Like

I’ve had my mother who is 60, travel on it for close to 6 months without issues.

1 Like

I would add a point on a better seat design that does not hurt as much!

1 Like

Before the production model of 450x releases I hope Ather fixes the common problems found on 450s

• Sharp edges near the hand grip
  • Touch screen lagging
  • Brighter headlights very important
  • Making broader tires as default and not an optional - those 90/90 tires look like cycle tires on a scooter
  • KEYLESS if possible - the keyed system looks soo old school
  • ABS as optional - think of this you try to accelerate on a signal and some idiot breaks the signal and you brake hard the rear tyre will definitely skid. Well, ABS will not be for everyone but will help some
  • Improved seat lock
  • Handlebar weight which are found on NTORQ - they’ll definitely looks sporty
  • Redesigned mirrors they play a huge role in safety - Ather, please don’t close your eyes on this
  • Bigger headlight high/low switch
  • Definitely a Pass feature on high-low switch
  • Red colour engine kill switch
  • Dual tone horns, this beep horn is USELESS
  • Front redesigned hook
  • Use of TR-412 valve on tyres
  • Increase of the height of the side stand atleast by 30-40mm- for more comfort instead of making the scooter stand from a tilt angle and saving your BACK from any injuries
  • Making the rebound of the rear suspension harder

That’s all from me…can you guys add some that i might have forgotten?

List goes on

• Hazard light function
  • Hazard lights while park assist is engaged
  • Redesigned floor mat (current one is too hard to clean)
  • shorter brake lever
  • since the new one is coming on android maybe an option of user skins in display
  • Dark mode with user selectable colors
  • Active regen with user selectable level
  • lighter spring on throttle return
  • Regen Graph
6 Likes

Handlebar weights might look sporty but they are generally used to cancel out vibrations of what’s the point of them on an EV?

It can act as a crash guard since the brake levers are bigger

Better brakes? The problem might be that the breaks are already too good and that’s why the wheel locks up on hard breaking. The new 450X does get an optional tyre upgrade which will definitely help counter this issue.

Right, the vehicle seems to be a little over engineered in many aspects. That’s not bad, very German-esque.

1 Like

The 4 uses of bar end weights.

1. To eliminate/reduce the resonance vibration
  2. For better balancing
  3. Protection in case of crash. Easy to replace the weights instead of handlegrip assy or the handle itself
  4. Looks.

While 1. and 2. are not applicable for our scooters, the 3rd and 4th are good enough reasons to have handle bar end weights. However it’s not a priority IMO in front dark mode, brake lock, grid hogging etc.

1 Like