450X: Product/Technical discussions

Hi Abhishek, the on board navigation is rarely useful.

1. Its painfully slow
  2. most location not searchable
  3. the google maps is so striped down it is not useful and only frustrats when necessary.
6 Likes

The Maps doesn’t follow the scooter. This GPS is not reliable

4 Likes

I understand developing software and that too for this form factor and resources it can be really hard. what is hard to understand is they subscription fees for something is not usable or reliable. it should be atleast MVP (Minimum Viable Product)!

5 Likes

Absolutely. Nowadays GPS seems not working properly. Even if I am 15 KM away from my home, GPS shows my scooter’s location as my home.

3 Likes

I had this issue recently with my GPS enabled watch, mainly due to heavy cloud cover. When the skies are not that cloudy, it works well. No such issue with my phone as it has better chip and also uses assisted GPS. Don’t k ow what kind of module Ather is using.

1 Like

Ather’s problems

1. Visor cracking automatically
  2. back mirror design fault
  3. range is very low
  4. Over priced .
  5. Tyre pressure automatically reduces daily
  6. Service cost , charges
  7. Brake pad wears off quickly
5 Likes

Who else would agree, we need a smart key for a smart bike like Ather 450X. Any road side key duplicator can unintentionally assist a bike theft.

@tarun @abhishek.balaji Especially a bike that is advanced to give ride stats and Bluetooth connected.

100% agree with you

Ather may end up as JIOBIKE🤣

2 Likes

A system that runs on 400 MB usable RAM and cannot cache any data onboard, while making NO use of its WLAN capabilities is “advanced”?

I don’t get this. You mean nobody outside the US makes good software? I’ve seen freeware that’s orders of magnitude better than this steaming pile of garbage.

6 Likes

I mean look at the car or bike infotainment experience provided by Tata, MG, Ather, etc. They are all ridiculous and make you feel you are still in the 2000s. Even OLA seems to be struggling with their promised software offerings. Either these companies don’t hire good talent and pay them well OR the talent has left the country.

2 Likes

I am waiting to get a confirmation call from the service centre to replace the following:

• visor
  • left mirror
  • all rusted screws

I have told them I will pay for all those but still no confirmation. Sigh…!

4 Likes

Just because someone can’t be bothered to apply common sense to product design doesn’t make product design hard. The biggest reason for shit software is our willingness to grin and bear it, providing no incentive for the manufactturer to improve.

I mean, sonething is seriously whack when FOSS is better engineered and updated while a paid, closed product wallows in mediocrity.

The icing on this cake is the brazenness with which they still keep touting how this scooter is “smat” and “connected”, ane nobody puts them in their place.

6 Likes

I can use regen only when 58kms range is left. I use RIDE MODE

I have used downhill 1km reg. To increase range by 1km. I use twist throttle reverse, i didnt find the brake reg. Much helpful

1 Like

Regen is disabled above 85% charge level.

Because it isn’t. And rying to maximize whatever little is available will cause your handle grip to start loosening.

2 Likes

What is the sign of regen on dashboard, I never ever feel it

1 Like

There is no regen indicator. Once your are on or below 84% and riding above 20kmph, try twisting the accelerator in the reverse direction. You will feel the scooter slowing down quicker than usual. More pronounced when speed is around 35 kmph.

4 Likes

Bhai vissor quality is bad and front suspension is not that good

2 Likes

When regen engages, you can feel the scooter slowing down and no longer coasting. Also, the slow down feel is more pronounced at speeds of 24-40kmph.

3 Likes

Hi all, Is it safe to shutdown 450X frequently if not in used for more than 2 hours ?

2 Likes

No

Never ever do it for 2 hours

1 Like

It’s perfectly safe to shutdown for any duration. I leave my 450 shutdown overnight at times and for longer durations when I travel out of the city.

3 Likes