450X: Product/Technical discussions

Hey Just observed something strange on the 450X. The area near the left handle( throttle) has some gap behind the grip while on the right hand side,it’s properly fit. One can feel the round edges on the of the left throttle but it’s perfectly fit/smooth at the right hand side. Is it normal?

2 Likes

Yes it’s completely normal, right side is the throttle sensor unit behind the grip.

2 Likes

Does ather 450x has regenerate braking

2 Likes

Yes, it does have regenerative braking. Details here:

3 Likes

I understand. But the right side grip fitting well and no such thing on the left side with sharp edges seems a bit strange. The circular part of the grip that is in the end seems hanging rather than the fixed part of the right one. I’m referring to the gap behind the grip and not the bigger gap on both the sides of the handle.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Maintenance and Service

IMHO Ather Labs is their way of trying to give the masses more ‘bang for their buck’. Unfortunately nothing can be done at this point to upgrade hardware. Doesn’t look like much can be done on the software as well due to hardware and other limitations, so they have to keep the product alive in some way!

3 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji how great would it be if you guys use the reverse throttle (used for regen) for quick reverse when the scooter is stationary. This could be multifunctional, use for regen as usual and for quick reverses. @tarun anyway you guys already use jio esim, a tie-up with jio/reliance stores for fast chargers would be phenomenal !

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, this was a topic of conversation earlier too and there were concerns raised about how that would be risky because it is natural for people to twist the throttle in the reverse direction a bit without realising it when stationary at traffic stops, etc., resulting in reversing into the vehicle behind. Considering there is anyway a shortcut to enable park assist using the brakes and ignition, I guess this should take care of most quick reverse needs albeit with one second of extra effort, right?

Agree with the Reliance tie-up, BTW! :smiley:

5 Likes

If WiFi is part of published vehicle specification, why is it not available to users? What is it signifies as part of published specifications?

2 Likes

Looks like there is a piece of conflicting information published, While the Main page does not show Wifi-connectivity as an option, The support page does show the wifi connectivity supported.

FYI the hardware does support wifi, it’s software barred. But I don’t know why they are holding back, I mean just enable it for low connectivity in 4g. it is a perfectly available option and Andriod OS always supports it from the core.

4 Likes

Hi Abhishek, the on board navigation is rarely useful.

1. Its painfully slow
  2. most location not searchable
  3. the google maps is so striped down it is not useful and only frustrats when necessary.
6 Likes

The Maps doesn’t follow the scooter. This GPS is not reliable

4 Likes

I understand developing software and that too for this form factor and resources it can be really hard. what is hard to understand is they subscription fees for something is not usable or reliable. it should be atleast MVP (Minimum Viable Product)!

5 Likes

Absolutely. Nowadays GPS seems not working properly. Even if I am 15 KM away from my home, GPS shows my scooter’s location as my home.

3 Likes

I had this issue recently with my GPS enabled watch, mainly due to heavy cloud cover. When the skies are not that cloudy, it works well. No such issue with my phone as it has better chip and also uses assisted GPS. Don’t k ow what kind of module Ather is using.

1 Like

Ather’s problems

1. Visor cracking automatically
  2. back mirror design fault
  3. range is very low
  4. Over priced .
  5. Tyre pressure automatically reduces daily
  6. Service cost , charges
  7. Brake pad wears off quickly
5 Likes

Who else would agree, we need a smart key for a smart bike like Ather 450X. Any road side key duplicator can unintentionally assist a bike theft.

@tarun @abhishek.balaji Especially a bike that is advanced to give ride stats and Bluetooth connected.

100% agree with you

Ather may end up as JIOBIKE🤣

2 Likes

A system that runs on 400 MB usable RAM and cannot cache any data onboard, while making NO use of its WLAN capabilities is “advanced”?

I don’t get this. You mean nobody outside the US makes good software? I’ve seen freeware that’s orders of magnitude better than this steaming pile of garbage.

6 Likes

I mean look at the car or bike infotainment experience provided by Tata, MG, Ather, etc. They are all ridiculous and make you feel you are still in the 2000s. Even OLA seems to be struggling with their promised software offerings. Either these companies don’t hire good talent and pay them well OR the talent has left the country.

2 Likes