110.3km driven in single charge

Hi everyone…

I have just covered up 110.3km in single charge in ECO Mode...well I have just purchased my 450 one month back... lik everyone I purchased the bike nd I was riding my ather 450 to and fro office and home... recently I received mail abt event in Mid September before Series 1 event (Collector's Edition)... In this particular Event they discussed abt particular topic abt 102.3km per Single Chargr... I was very curious nd want to knw how it happened... So I went with my curiosity to check myself... 

So one fine early morning I decided to test it… I have no plan or anythg to back me up to see my experience in 450 to cover 110.3km… I just went lik tat to see the end result with my own eyes… I just took my Ather 450 nd started by 5 in mrng… it showed 100% charge and 75km as Range in ECO Mode… As soon as I crossed 500m… My range dropped to 74km… I was little worried to carry on but I insisted myself to go on… I was particular on few issues

1. Not to discharge battery by heavy throttle
  2. Not to ride above 35km/hr Speed
  3. Should reach ARAI RANGE and to beat that 102.3 km range which discussed on event
  4. Not to heat up battery and give proper resting time for bike

Difficulties which I had to face in riding this current ride (110.3km)

1. it took 306min which is 5hr 6min😉
  2. slippery seat nd made adjusting in sitting position each time cos I’m 6ft tall rider…

Things wch I enjoyed while riding (110.3km)

1. Major one was tat distance wch i covered
  2. sound of the motor was same from start till end… Cos I was worried there might be some change in noise for continuous use of motor
  3. smooth ride
  4. suspension was soft

Thanks to Ather for this wonderful experience I had…

I would lik to ride many long ride and break this 110.3km range…

Thank u Ather

73 Likes

Awesome @hamsapriya1212. Please share route details and resting places as well, will be more useful for other owners who want to go on long rides.

13 Likes

5hr in single stretch!!!

15 Likes

Good. How u came back with 0,% charge

24 Likes

I was rounding my house Last 1% of battery to go zero…

21 Likes

What are the tips to squeeze out longest distance on a single charge.? Does road elevations matter. Does speed and throttle usage matters?

Has anyone gone from Chennai to Bangalore riding ather.

I get some kind of whizzing sound like something is cooling or heating after riding for 15 or 20m.

9 Likes

Definitely. Try to avoid all flyovers. When riding long distance. Basically take the route that you would if you were cycling. With the last gradient.

Speed not as much as throttle. Upto 40-45kmph shouldn’t affect your range by a whole lot of you’re trying to get 90-100km. If you want more than that you’ll have to drastically reduce your speed.

That would be @Abhishek for the chennai launch

That would be the fan that turns on at above 12kmph and switches off at 9kmoh and goes to speed 2 rotation at around 23kmph or something, not sure when that second speed of the fan kicks in. But ya it’s for active cooling of the motor

7 Likes

When i saw 5hrs 110Km Ride, I thought its impossible for me to ride for so long to cover 110Km, I may surely get back pain. Today , i got bored at home and took a ride in my ather from Medavakkam, The trip was unplanned, I just thought of riding to mamallapuram, which is around 92 Km to and fro from my home. Once i reached mamallpuram i still had 69 percent battery left, So thought of covering few more kms, So i ended up riding till Kalpakkam i.e 62kms away from my home, The last 10 km i had to rush to login for my office work , So even though it was in eco mode all the time when i rode, The last 10 km i drove at 40-50kmph speed, Except for that distance , throughout my ride, i maintained an avg speed of 25kmph. So i guess if had driven the last 10 km with the same avg speed i would have ended up with more than 6-8 percent battery . which can cover another 6 km, that would make 130kms. still its impossible to beat the record 139 km as i weigh more than 75kgs. .

19 Likes

You took 5 hrs to travel that distance???

Nobody would prefer to get mileage in that fashion…

10 Likes

It’s called hypermiling. I had driven ather450 in almost every possible way in the last 16 months. Driven 70kms in just one hour 15 min (this is the best distance you can cover without compromising your riding time) - ather 450 with highest km covered in shortest possible time Driven 100kms in 3hrs ( consider this as hero optima that does max 40kmph) Driven 123km in 5hrs (consider this as old school ev with max 25kmph speed)

I change my riding style according to the distance I travel. I don’t get worried about running out of juice. As I know I can extract max 130kms out of ather 450.

12 Likes

These are not real world stuff, its just for fun. :blush::heart:

5 Likes

I will beat you…I am planing to trip .it’s starting place of trichy to yercadu…

3 Likes

I have achieved 19WH/km efficiency

6 Likes

Where can I find this recent ride log ?

2 Likes

Hi Sanket, you should find you recent ride log on your Ather app home screen, when you scroll down to the bottom. Also, have you recently bought your Ather?

1 Like

Unable to sync the ride stats from Feb

I have got it 2 days back

2 Likes

Makes sense, your account doesn’t show your scooter associated with it. You might wanna check your Order Status should be tagged as “delivered”, and only then your ride stats can start showing up post that. Contact your EC where you bought your scooter from, in case it’s not updated with delivery status.

1 Like