10.1.4 feedback thread

I totally agree with this and stopping the vehicle is more dangerous what if you are moving however low speed and stop suddenly due to sidestand engaging accidentally and someone from behind or side collide with you without anticipating that you would stop?

Better implementation would be that of what we have in our cars when a door is opened when vehicle is running it wont stop the car instead it makes warning beep sound at whatever speed you are in.

4 Likes

I will test this out later.

Sir, humans on an average walk at 5kmph. I don’t think it’s possible to go ~3kmph in sports mode or warp mode because of the claimed high initial torque and performance.

Also, what would be the practical use of stopping the motor when the vehicle is at ~3kmph? Even if something hits the sidestand at that speed, the side stand would retract. Actually, I think my leg is faster than 3kmph when I use it to retract the side stand.

In my honest opinion this feature is just fluff. Just to add to the list of features you say that the scooter has. I’m nobody to tell you how to run your business, but, time and resources spent on developing this could have been used elsewhere.

Sir, it’s a legal requirement.

1 Like

Why is it capped at 3kmph? Why not if the stand is opened the motor turns off?

My apologies, I had no clue it was a legal requirement. I just assumed it was a feature because most ICE vehicles do not have it. I assume the legal requirement is that you have to warn the user that the side stand is engaged in some way? Because I did some googling and didn’t fine any clarity on the issue.

If side stand engages by mistake when you are at high speed, you’ll end up falling and possibly in an accident.

You can also read up here on what it was before and why the change makes sense: Side stand interlock issue

1 Like

This is a great idea as well! It can inform the rider by a soft chime, that side stand is engaged, instead of killing the already silent motor ! :sweat_smile: Much safer as well incase it gets engaged my mistake and there’s a huge vehicle coming from behind.

Performance is not like before, warp mode is not powerful.

topspeed gets dropped above 75kmph, after 75kmph the power is flat.

Am waiting for Ather to check my 450x.

Turn signal volume needs to be increased a bit.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji when can we expect a stable dashboard without restarts and maps working as intended without delay and lag ? Ather has pushed several updates but every single time it misses the most important one. Kindly shed some light on this too. It has become increasingly annoying with time that ather does not do anything regarding the same and even if it does , it does not reflect in the real time scenarios. The all time favourite ( reset the dashboard) is not the solution here.

1 Like

I am too experiencing the same fan noise problem (the trrr sound). I totally understand that the fan speed is increased with increase in fan noise. But the issue of trrr noise is like something is getting in the way of fan while spinning. @abhishek.balaji please suggest on the same.

1 Like

Yeah the dashboard restarts are getting to me as well. Finally got a chance to take a ride today and had to stop multiple times to restart the Maps on the dashboard.

On the dashboard restarts, we had identified and fixed a bunch of cases where this would happen, the team is working on fixing the other cases.

Maps as well, we’re looking into some caching solutions to ensure that the loading times improve and the instances of it crashing go down.

We’re planning for 2 patch OTA updates in July that’ll resolve a bunch of issues around Bluetooth disconnecting, Maps going blank, improving loading times, reducing dashboard restarts and a few more bugs.

As usual, we’ll do an early access release to confirm that the issues have been fixed.

6 Likes

I dont have the graphs for the 450X, but it would look similar to the 450 throttle response graph below:

The torque applied will reduce as the speed increases, is this the same thing that you’re feeling?

This all sounds quite reassuring Thank you so much for quick revert back

Yeah after 75kmph the torque starts to fade away,(warp)

let me try taking a video with accelerometer/dyno meter or something else to exactly figure out and help you guys fix it.

What about the drop in performance of the scooters especially in the warp mode? We were told that once the lockdown is lifted the scooters will be tested and the performance will be checked once right? Since the lockdown has been lifted, and since this is a very serious issue, just check this once (people are buying the 450x only because of the warp mode) just try to sort out this issue ASAP @abhishek.balaji

2 Likes

No ride logs of the past 3 days. @abhishek.balaji

The ride stats are not showing up? But the app is syncing and showing charge status correctly?

1 Like

Correct. Everything is fine except logs. Tried resetting and still no go.

2 Likes

We’ll be picking up vehicles mostly starting next week, since this week we’re clearing off service backlogs.

Got it, will report, thanks for flagging this!

3 Likes

80kmph is the top speed for the 450x. Why do you need so much torque to fill that 5kmph gap?

2 Likes