Understanding Ather's Navigation System (Google Maps API) and Advanced Navigation Feature Request

That feature is already there in the Ather app.

In Search a Location option on the main screens

4 Likes

Ather’s maps are not even native it seems, i always had a doubt due to its sluggishness but yesterday it kinda revealed itself. It stopped working and there was an Javascript error, this only comes when you use Javascript Maps Sdk, not the android SDK… So yeah its not even native, its just a webview app at this point I think. Don’t know the reasons but it might be the cheaper API than android.

1 Like

definitely it is not a native app. There are only 8 apps installed in the vehicle and no maps. for some i can’t include links here :frowning:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vEAeZjSLjWi1kagy6

How did you reach this screen ?

1 Like

Go to settings > General > tap the VIN number multiple times. Then go to Android settings. Not sure it works on all vehicles.

It runs on Android 8.1, a 5 years old version, Android security patches were applied till Aug 2019, kernel 3.18, the support has ended for this version in 2015.

The vehicle is potentially vulnerable for hacks.

2 Likes

Maybe, But what will hackers steal, there is only personal information available on the servers, and even those documents stored for displaying are not local copies. It’s true they should patch security bugs but they are soo lagging on development that even ola is beating them to a pulp in terms of OS and features.

4 Likes