Savings you have with your EV

But roads are filled with idiots. Sometimes they jump on roads.

3 Likes

The Oriental Insurance Company

Contact of the agent who helped me out: Name:Hemanth(Insurance) Mobile:+91 98456 94752

1 Like

5+5? You mean 10 years insurance for 9k?

“5+5” means 5 years of Own damage coverage + 5 years of Third party damage coverage

3 Likes

Like the concept by, Shreejith Krishnan

1 Like

Thanks @Suraj_madhu. Good review. My search that ended me to this post was, related to the extra uncertain expenses that occur during periodic services or say eg. Issues like the throttle that had to be replaced once on Ather.

Want to consider such expenses since my 6yrs old ICE has kept my pocket surprising every now and then in 2019. The year I last used it over 1,150kms/month. Same average monthly total distance since 2016. Mostly replacements, oil, service & breakdowns.

I would be interested in such savings discussions that would help me plan on other investments; but all I can do is just assume till I own a 450.

Can any present Ather owners share their experience with service, replacements, breakdowns, any surprise expense that would deviate this savings plans with Ather? Would help. Thanks.

A similar comparison has been made in an article by Business Insider:

1 Like

In this thread so far, people have been comparing Ather with a regular ICE scooter to estimate savings. Let me offer a different angle that applies to me and probably a few others. I haven’t purchased an ICE scooter all this time as I wanted my first scooter to be an EV and hence waited several years for a good one. Hence, my regular travel has been through cabs and autos. I have collected the data of all my cab and auto rides over the past year and saw that it costed me about ₹20 per KM of riding!

Having ridden a total of 145 Kms on my Ather so far, that amounts to savings of almost, ₹3000. That’s awesome!

Here’s the relevant section from my dashboard.

8 Likes